Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus CT200H windscreen washer jet spray excretes sick smell into car when used

ash01786

Hi everyone this is my first post so I apologies if there was already a new topic about this. I bought my CT200H last xmas and I have been battling with a really foul vomit small that enters my car initially I was unable to identify the where the smell came from so carried out the following remediation:

1. Changed the air filter located behind the glove box

2. Cleaned out the tray under the bonnet of any gunk or residue that might have been trapped in there 

3. Turned on the A/C and even used anti-bacterial spray through the inlet by opening the bonnet 

Unfortunately none of these methods worked, but I have been able to locate when the smell is triggered. Basically when I use the windscreen washers and the combination of the heater the smell starts to populate into the car for some reason, is anyone else having this issue? 

10 minutes ago, ash01786 said:

Hi everyone this is my first post so I apologies if there was already a new topic about this. I bought my CT200H last xmas and I have been battling with a really foul vomit small that enters my car initially I was unable to identify the where the smell came from so carried out the following remediation:

1. Changed the air filter located behind the glove box

2. Cleaned out the tray under the bonnet of any gunk or residue that might have been trapped in there 

3. Turned on the A/C and even used anti-bacterial spray through the inlet by opening the bonnet 

Unfortunately none of these methods worked, but I have been able to locate when the smell is triggered. Basically when I use the windscreen washers and the combination of the heater the smell starts to populate into the car for some reason, is anyone else having this issue? 

Never experienced this but the following comes to mind.

Use the Air con all the time, if left off it will smell when used.

Empty the washer bottle, flush a couple of times, then fill with a nice smelling screen wash. If it still smells then the problem is elsewhere.

• Like 1

Seems the washer bottle is the culprit. Remove the top, put a hose in and flush it out, being careful not to get other parts wet. Fill it up, put a cap full of bleach in and operate the switch to clean the pipes through. Flush again and put the recommend dose of screen wash in.

Had a similar problem with a windscreen washer bottle on a Honda Accord - left the car in warm weather for a week in Croatia and came back to a foul smell when I sprayed the windscreen. Tried refilling with new fluid but the smell was still there. In the end I filled with the windscreen washer bottle with Milton Sterilising Solution (used for cleaning baby bottles), operated the jets to get it through all the parts and let it stand for a while, then flushed it out (making sure it didn't get on the paintwork just in case it caused damage) and refilled with normal screen wash and the foul smell was gone for good.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links