Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying rx 400h

jdlexus

Whent to check out a rx400h. It was at a dealer in Hemel hempstead.i was told it was at their London mill branch so of I go .I turned out to be a residential road,a guy turned up with the car .so far I'm very unimpressed ,had a look around it anyway.front tyres almost bald in side was really dirty mud and leaves everywhere.started the engine there was a loud clunk as the electric motor started.by now I'm thinking of walking away, asked to give it a test drive the answer was no unless I paid a deposit.

So I left as it was a complete waste of time. So still looking 😳

3 hours ago, jdlexus said:

Whent to check out a rx400h. It was at a dealer in Hemel hempstead.i was told it was at their London mill branch so of I go .I turned out to be a residential road,a guy turned up with the car .so far I'm very unimpressed ,had a look around it anyway.front tyres almost bald in side was really dirty mud and leaves everywhere.started the engine there was a loud clunk as the electric motor started.by now I'm thinking of walking away, asked to give it a test drive the answer was no unless I paid a deposit.

So I left as it was a complete waste of time. So still looking 😳

What was the year? How much were they asking?

What is your budget?

Hello again John.

Certainly walk away from that one in Hemel Hempstead ... and might I suggest that your other thread "New Owner" in the RX 400h section is probably the one to continue rather than starting afresh in the New Members Area section.  But maybe I'm too late so I'll continue.

My post on your "New Owner" thread, alongside posts from many others who kindly contributed very worthwhile comment, endeavoured to point out the important criteria that I used in my very recent purchase just last month.

Now of course I'm no expert, but before I even viewed anything I consider it an absolute must to first check the car's MOT record for any evidence of maltreatment or excessive wear & tear.

Also, David's quite right, if you could let us know your budget we might be able to be of more assistance and offer ideas about mileage and condition plus further dos and don'ts. If you feel that will be of help to you that is.

And how did you get on with Elite Motors in the Croydon area? You did mention that you would try them and to me they look like one of the better dealers for you to at least make a start with your comparisons in order to get a good idea of what's out there and at what price.

Sorry to prattle on, but just one other thing John ... I notice "Rx400h 2007" in your profile so presumably that's around the age you're looking. 

You will note that my recent purchase is also 2007, so for an idea of cost might I suggest that you'll probably need to start around £6.5-£7.5k for a low 'ish mileage (by that I mean sub-100k miles) but you might hap upon a well cared-for higher mileage for slightly less. And, of course, dealer prices are going to be higher and less negotiable than private sales. Anything less than £6k and there's probably a very good reason behind it's cheapness.

Hope this helps. 😉

Thanks for the replies.my budget of £6000 is my max.i checked out the mot check on that car and it was ok but obviously the car had a bit of use since the ad was posted.

Elite motors did not reply to my phone call they said the one I was interested in may have been sold and we will call you back in an hour that was yesterday and I'm still waiting.

I'm not very savie with tech so I will try and post in the right place, I'm of the age that doesn't understand it or use it l only got a mobile phone last November.

The search continues luckily I'm not in a hurry so can take as long as I like.thanks again for the response 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links