Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I really REALLY need help, jerking between 2-3k rpm, bluesmoke when jerking. IS220D

alexlinga

Lexus is220d 07 model. I'm having real big issues trying to figure out why my car is jerking/lagging between 2000 and 3000, mostly just about at 2000 or slighty under or over. In 3rd gear its a ****show when driving around that rpm. and it jerks really hard.

DPF is removed, egr is cleaned, had the 5th injector unplugged, plugged it in again no difference. PLEASE help me, i'm tearing my hairs off my head and i'm broke af so hoping it'll be a easy solution. Injectors also has the correct values.. Could it be a dieselfilter?

• Sad 1

Hi Alex. Well you've done what a lot of diesel owners do. What kind of driving do you do? Short trips or long ones? 

Hopefully the fuel filter change will cure the problem. 

Hello! Came back with a new fuel filter, no big difference. its gotten better but still shaky and jerks. If i rev it up at stand still to around 1800-1900 the engine vibrates much more. Long trips usually.

So, as far as i've researched now. I've tried to clean the MAF, no changes. Unplugged the MAF, engine did not stall or make any other issue than go into limp mode, maybe MAF sensor dead? Changed the Diesel filter, no big difference, cleaned the EGR, tried blocking the EGR too. No difference in the hesitation? maybe EGR gone? Not even sure if the EGR is coded away. i have no history of that only thing i know is that the dpf is gone. I've tried too look for vacuum hoses that are broken, nothing found. No turbo hoses either.. Soooo... yeah, kind of at a dead end here as the car doesnt throw any codes either.

Hi Alex. Looks like the MAF sensor may well be shot if there's no difference after cleaning or disconnecting it. That can have a massive effect. Get a new one. Try Lexus parts direct fir cheaper genuine parts.

23 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Alex. Looks like the MAF sensor may well be shot if there's no difference after cleaning or disconnecting it. That can have a massive effect. Get a new one. Try Lexus parts direct fir cheaper genuine parts.

Thanks for your replies! I've ordered a new MAF, ordered a magneti marelli MAF as it was only 70 pounds. The Denso was 130 pounds.. so i'll try out the magneti and cross my fingers this is it. Hoping a new MAF and airfilter will sort this out, can't wait to get rid of this nightmare vehicle lol!

I had an 07 Avensis T180 with that engine, nightmare!! I ended up having a new engine courtesy of Toyota due to a known fault with the pistons and something else which I can’t remember, I would get rid!!

6 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Swap it for an is250. You won't be disappointed. Very similar mpg.

Yeah, i wish. The is250 and 220 is quite rare here in norway as noone want them. Its been months since i saw a 250 for sale. And if they do show up they’re double the price.. extremely hard too sell in norway too.. but unfortunatly im in need of a wagon with a tow hitch at the moment. So maybe some other day i’ll go for an is3

Hi Alex, I’ve had this very same problem over last six months and tried all sorts including egr clean, MAF sensor, fuel ratio sensors, injector seals etc etc etc. in the end the fix was unbelievably simple. Disconnect positive Battery terminal for half hour to reset ECU. Been running like a dream now for 2 weeks. The embarrassing and very smelly smoke plumes have gone and the lumpy acceleration just past 2@k revs is no more. Would recommend giving it this a try. Easy to reset windows etc afterwards.

Good luck and hope this help you any anyone else with the smoky / rough engine issue.

Rob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links