Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealership Experience Part 2

This is the first time I have experienced a car purchase handover from a Lexus Dealership. The sales executive, Hardeep, was there to greet us at the appointed time. He went through all the paperwork carefully without rushing. As much admin is done electronically, the use of a big screen was a very useful feature. We had the obligatory coffee and biscuits! My wife and I were then taken into the “Handover” room. On the table were a selection of goodies that were presented to us. Hardeep then asked if we would like to now see our car. At the flick of a switch, it appeared like magic! (see below) Please appreciate we were not buying a brand new car but the experience felt like it!

Hardeep showed us round the NX and explained the main controls and how the car differed from our previous RX. He then demonstrated the infotainment system – a lot to take in! He took our i-phones and connected each one to the car. The important thing he stressed was that if we were in any doubt or difficulty with the controls we could contact him and he would go through it. I have bought other makes from dealers in the past but none matched this experience. Hardeep knows his product and is an excellent advocate for the Lexus brand. Many, so called, sales executives could learn a great deal about customer care from Hardeep at Lexus Canterbury. I also realise you pay a premium but for peace of mind, it is worth it as far as I am concerned. Thank you Hardeep! You are a star!

I expect quite a few of you on here have experienced similar when buying your new Lexus cars. It did make the day quite special. So what is Part 3? Well, that will be when I experience the service department or have any issues with the NX. I will post a review when I have had the car a few weeks. Apart from memory seats, it has all the features of my old RX and of course more tech. I feel we have made the right choice, so far!

Lex Cant 1.jpg

Lex cant2.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent post, David.  And I’m sure greatly appreciated by Hardeep and the Dealership.

Taking the time and trouble to express recognition of good service is not nearly as common behaviour as it should be.  

Establishing a good customer/dealer relationship is a two-way process.  All too often good service is taken for granted and customers only spring into action when they have something to complain about!

I trust that you, the NX and Lexus Canterbury will all be very happy together!  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links