Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sweet-ish smell from AC

Hey everyone, haven't posted in a while and this time it's not about issues.

It's about this AC button in the car (attached). I understand that it changes air circulation to inside only, changes vents to top vents only, and engages the cabin filter. Ever since I got the car which was almost 3 years ago, pressing this button gives off a sweet-ish pleasant smell. I thought of a freon leak, but I have the AC on all the time and this only occurs when this button is pressed.

I'm wondering, is this something factory? Does anyone else have this? 

I would like to note that I haven't sprayed any perfume or deodorant in the vents and I'm getting just any regular cabin filter with active charcoal, nothing special.

Cheers!

IMG_20230120_155529.jpg

On the IS300h the symbol on the button represents something called "Pollen Removal Mode". There's no dedicated button on the IS300h but you can turn it on from the air conditioning screen where it shows the symbol. From memory, I think this function turns off automatically after about 10 minutes.

My guess, partly based on the picture on the button, would be that it concentrates all the air through the filter, whereas perhaps this doesn't happen to the same extent in normal operation. So I'd be inclined to take out the filter and see if it has some scent!

• Like 1

I had the same sweet ish smell on my is300h . I changed the cabin/pollen filter to an activated carbon filter amd.it sorted it . 12 months later , no smells and I run my aircon all year round 

• Like 2

That button Ant is the cabin filter cleaner. It's not the AC button. The AC button is on the satnav screen. When was the cabin filter last changed? Mine gets changed on its major service one every 2 years. Maybe yours is in need of changing. 

• Like 3

I change it every summer and can confirm that it's clean. It's also the same smell regardless of the filter brand that I use. The only thing they have in common is that they are acting charcoal filters. Though I would like to note that I'm not complaining 😁 The smell is pleasant,so I was just wondering.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links