Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX traffic indicator volume

nick cartwright

Hi

A newbie here.

Have just bought my first Lexus. A 2019 NX F Sport. Lovely car. However one gripe. The 'click clack' from the turn indicators when j am signalling is almost silent. Obviously the green 'indicators on' lamp flashes in.the instrument cluster but thats it. My wife puts it down to me " going deaf" (I am not by the way!)  but she also finds it hard to hear the turn indicators 'click clack' . I have looked in the handbook and on You Tube but cant see any way that the volume can be increased. Can anyone let me know if there is a way of increasing the indicator volume?

Thanks

Nick

Hi

I found the sound level slightly too low on my RX, particularly with radio on,. so I didn't always notice if indicators did not self cancel sometimes, I had an auto electrician wire in a couple of very small sounders into flasher circuits.  The sounders were of the type used for reversing with a trailer.  The sounders were placed near the end of the drivers side of the dash and accessible by removing the end panel that closes off the end of the dash so can easily be removed  or a little insulation added to reduce the sound if too loud  I don't know your car but would think a similar addition would be possible. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links