Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apple Car Play stopped working

mohsinb

I had not used apple car play on my Lexus ES300H 2019 f sport model for a while. However when I plugged my Iphone 14 last week it would not pick up apple car play, I checked all settings on phone and all are correct.

I even changed the usb cable, tried my wife’s phone and no luck. It has been working fine before so I am not sure what has happened.

Phoned my local Lexus dealer and I have booked it in for them to have a look. However I was hoping if anyone had suggestions as you know what the dealers are like with their charges?

thanks

Mo

i experienced similar recently. My issue was resolved through the complex task of shutting the phone down completely and turning it back on. I have a suspicion that the loss of connectivity was related to a Car Play update.

The thing is I have tried a brand new apple cable still the same issue .

Also I have switched my phone off several times and still the same. I have tried other apple phones and it is the same.

So I am lost as to what is causing the issue. 

Have you got a spare android phone knocking around to see if it'll spark android auto into life?

Also not to ask a stupid question, but you are plugging it into the front USB right?

I've never used apple so can't help you with that side, but there's undoubtedly a setting in car play to reset all connections, is there something like that?

Yeah I have I will try the Android phone.

I am plugging into the usb front port also 

there is a setting in the car play app I removed the Lexus device but now it is not detecting it in the app to add .

any other ideas?

4 minutes ago, mohsinb said:

Yeah I have I will try the Android phone.

I am plugging into the usb front port also 

there is a setting in the car play app I removed the Lexus device but now it is not detecting it in the app to add .

any other ideas?

I believe you should be plugging into the usb port inside the centre arm rest, the front port usb ports I think are meant for charging only (at least on the RX; may be different on the ES)

5 minutes ago, mohsinb said:

Car play is enabled, also the option  is on to enable when locked.

I have switched off time restrictions option on the iPhone.

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both enabled and the phone is connected via Bluetooth to tue Lexus infotainment. 

Any other ideas ?

All of those were just a bit of googling so nothing concrete I'm afraid.

If it were me I'd test it on an android and another Iphone (that isn't one you've already tested). If none of those work then it's a lexus issue. If any of those do work then I'd "take off and nuke the site from orbit" - full reset if your phone.

Tried another Iphone and android still the same, this is definitely Lexus issues. 

will have to take to Lexus as I’m sure after recent service I have not tested and I’m not sure if that caused the issue.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links