Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I want to swap out my Hybrid ECU 89981-30081 for another used one. Do I need to reprogram both the EEPROM chips inside (I can do this) or is it possible to do this with Techstream? I can't see any options for this on the GUI, but the internet seems to think Tech-stream.V12 can do it.  Anyone know for sure?

20230218_135036.jpg

• 2 months later...

The answer is yes. I pulled the EEPROMs from my good ECU, read the data with my Dataman, soldered them back on. Then removed and programmed the EEPROMs on the spare ECU. Car starts and runs now with both ECUs, the original and the clone.

• Like 1

Forgive my curiosity - was the spare ECU functionally fine (no damaged components) but not coded to the car in some way? Hence the cloning of the data on the EEPROMs simply matching the spare ECU to the car?

2 hours ago, HensTeeth said:

Forgive my curiosity - was the spare ECU functionally fine (no damaged components) but not coded to the car in some way? Hence the cloning of the data on the EEPROMs simply matching the spare ECU to the car?

Yes, exactly. I wanted to have a working spare, so I bought one off eBay and cloned it. This will allow me to reverse engineer/test a good ECU with a view to engine deletion in the future.  By deletion I mean the engine would be replaced by a modern Li-Ion Battery pack.  It looks like I will bin the Renesis CPU and use a STM32 instead, but I need a live ECU to capture messaging. The messages to the inverter have already been reverse engineered by others, so should be a simple project...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links