Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Got the call from upholstery people today and they refused to repair the passanger seat with deployed airbag I left them few days ago.  At the moment no black seat anywhere for sale!

I found one guy on eBay who breaking facelift RC 2020 (silver) and he said that he got red full interior from that car for 500 quid, it is cheap option for me despite I don't like Red colour. Must admit that I waiting for the pictures of the seats for a few days already, promised tomorrow morning. )

Do you think the all fittings and under seat plugs are the same and will fit pre-facelift  car 2018?

Rgds

Depends on what trim level you have... Red seats means he has F-Sport, so he will have cooled heated seats. If you have F-sport or Premier, then it should be the same. By the way they are dark rose in RC, which is one of my favourite colours and from selling my RC I know it is quite sought after. So not necessary a bad thing. 

The only thing which might be slight worry - they changed from semi-aniline leather to nuluxe (basically a fake leather vinyl) in Facelift, but I don't believe that impacted F-Sport trim...

Anyhow - if you have heated, cooled seats with memory - the Facelift F-Sport should be direct fit.

38 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

The only thing which might be slight worry - they changed from semi-aniline leather to nuluxe (basically a fake leather vinyl) in Facelift,

RC has never had semi-aniline leather in any trim but yes they did downgrade the base trim level from standard leather to Tahara man made leather. F Sport kept real leather throughout. 

For the facelift, red (dark rose) seat were available on base grade (man made leather) and Takumi (real leather). The F Sport only has a brighter red option (flare red).

Seats should be a straight swap providing you get ones with the same options (eg ventilated or not).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

RC has never had semi-aniline leather in any trim but yes they did downgrade the base trim level from standard leather to Tahara man made leather. F Sport kept real leather throughout. 

For the facelift, red (dark rose) seat were available on base grade (man made leather) and Takumi (real leather). The F Sport only has a brighter red option (flare red).

Seats should be a straight swap providing you get ones with the same options (eg ventilated or not).

Thanks for clearing that-up!

Thanks guys!  

Finally I got pictures of the red/rose interior, its looks like the same as my F-Sport black leather  seat but the seats are just ruined and I have a little choice to send to Ukraine my original one for repair, work is not agreed yet cos they need pictures which I can get only on Monday, or buy back part of the seat from the dealer for £1700+VAT.

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail-2.jpeg

As long as they are not ripped I am sure they could be cleaned... although I would not pay much for the seats so neglected and dirty £100 each would be my best offer!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Linas.P said:

As long as they are not ripped I am sure they could be cleaned... although I would not pay much for the seats so neglected and dirty £100 each would be my best offer!

Thanks Linas but that man very rude so let him stay with his seats.     I sent my original seat to Ukraine where the people glad to help but it take couple of weeks. Let see how it gone be because it is not just simple job to repair it properly. will update

Seems like RC-F seas, personally not a fan of combination between red and black, but other issue is as well that rear seats do not fold. Obviously, otherwise it can be considered an upgrade I guess. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links