Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heating Blower Setting Off VSC and Hybrid System Warnings...

I did a post about a mystery whirring noise a few weeks ago, but soon noticed - wait for it - the VSC Warning and Check Hybrid System warning come on about one minute after I put the heating on. Some coincidence. 

The OBD reader I have does NOT show any errors, but I need to use it to erase the invisible errors, or the car will not start. 

I'm going to get to Japex as soon as I can, but this is likely to be a week away. 

QUESTION: Would it be a bad idea to make a 400 mile round trip where the heating will be required and consequently kick off the above-mentioned warnings, with me relying on the OBD to erase those invisible error codes to restart the poor old RX400H? I would rather NOT of course, but it looks like I might have to...

I thank you. 

Techstream for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBwz3GT2g8

Make sure your auxiliary Battery is in good health – that's a general rule.

The heater trigger may just be a coincidence. Were there known errors before heating corollary that were lying in wait anyway?

You do need a proper P code to identify the exact nature of the problem

ABS/VSC/TRC showing C1241

Air Conditioner showing B1421, B 1424 showing as current, and  B1475, B1476 showing as historic. 

That's the Aux Battery on its conditioner. It looks like it is pointing at the airconditioning...

(NB: thanks for the help getting techstream working AT LAST!) 

Yes, it's a great link for TIS as he gives all the free software URLs

Code : C1241
Make : LEXUS
Description : C1241 LEXUS Low Battery Positive Voltage
Possible causes :
– Low Battery Charge
– Faulty Battery
– Faulty Charging System
– Power source circuit

Have you unhitched your auxiliary neg pole (make sure your aux Battery is absolutely fully charged) – then reattach to clear all codes?

Google C1241 – there's a ton of stuff. Air conditioner one is a separate concurrent issue of less importance.

Ah yes, thanks. there sure are plenty of C1241 options. I like the following potential solutions best and will try them first:
– Choose a better quality fuel
– Check that the tank cap is securely closed
– Check the oil level and add more if it is lower than MAX

I find the Club Lexus helpful.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2nd-gen-2004-2009/886513-c1241-error-code-06-rx400h-and-tire-indicator.html

Not sure how the fuel quality/tank cap/oil level checks connect to C1241

Good luck. I use a FOXSUR Battery charger (£12 ebay) to ensure that my RX400H aux Battery is in tip top condition as I tend to do a lot of short runs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links