Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC 2024 update - touchscreen and 360 camera

eightk

Screengrabs shamelessly stolen from clublexus / Lexus Poland - it looks like the 2024 model will be losing the clock and gaining a touchscreen with idrive style control and a 360 camera system, together with some new colours. Not sure on the new dash personally but the ultrasonic blue paint looks very attractive.

0C715EAE-F24E-4BFC-8053-2B08FDAA02A7.jpeg

BB50AB73-8FFA-4803-9B83-4C87DE2172EB.jpeg

• Like 2

Might be in the market for one of these when the time comes, probably a used one in 2025, assuming this becomes UK spec. Really can't think of another car I'd want at present, just talking to a guy in the gym about this today! Just nothing else out there like it, ideal for me.

Looks like an afterthought. Similar to a lot of the German manufacturers who just stuck on a tablet on the dash for most their last generation cars.

I’m sure functionality is a step forward, but at the cost of design. IMO it’s no cohesive at all.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am so pleased my 2023 LC arrived before this change was made. The lack of a bolted-on touchscreen was one of the big factors in choosing the LC (along with all the other wonderful bits of course!). 360 camera would be great, but I certainly wouldn't swap the existing screen/touchpad to get it.

• Like 2

The only aspect I would love to have from the refresh are the 360 cameras that are now standard, and the ability to fully turn off all assistance for some fun.

I also like the physical button for the heated seats.

The blue interior is quite tasty too but would force one to go down black or white paint IMO to make it work.

But not at the cost of interior design. It certainly doesn’t inspire me to upgrade anytime soon.

• Like 2

To me, it looks very much like "be careful what you wish for". I know the current infotainment gets a lot of bad press, but I'll be honest and say I have no real problem with it. I also wonder whether some forget the voice commands, which can and do make hands free entirely possible, well almost.

Again, if I am being honest, the one thing I would love to have would be 360 degree. The parking sensors simply do not detect everything and I now almost always reverse park. I'd also love to see the kerb/wheel relationship, given the cost of repairing the rims!

• Like 1

Like most here, I'd take the 360 camera but you can keep the Ipad-nailed-to-the-dash. Horrible horrible horrible (and how come it's unlawful to interact with a mobile phone while driving, even if it's in a cradle, but just about every new car comes with a huge mobile phone glued to the dashboard and that's lawful to use?)

Reading somewhere else, the new 'Ultimate' will be white with blue seats Ugh! - glad I bought my black Inspiration with it's red seats.

The design changes to get the screen in at a closer position where it’s reachable (try and touch your clock when you’re driving your LC - it’s miles away) do seem to lose the sweep of the dash, and the clock, and the more I see the photos the less I like it. But I understand why they had to do it.

The Ultimate has canards moulded to the front bumper. Not keen! Given the low production numbers of the LC I think there was an opportunity to offer more bespoke colour schemes rather than chucking out special editions. Think Atelier Lexus - pick your own wheels, bumpers, spoilers, colours inc paint to sample, select seat colours, stitching, contrast panels etc.

• 6 months later...

I recently took delivery of a 2024 lc. I could have, maybe should have, gone with a 2023. I bought the '24 because of the new features. Buying a car for the latest tech is a fool's (me?) errand. Whatever tech you buy today will be obsolete tomorrow. I think I'll regret not getting the pretty dash.

• Like 2

I was on the fence about whether to continue to wait for my chosen spec to pop up used (green/tan) or to order a 24, which undoubtedly has a less resolved interior than last year's model with its integrated screen, patterned passenger dash and analogue clock.

In the end, I decided life's too short to sit on AT waiting and plumped for a 24 with the new screen. I agree that the 360 camera and other tech gizmos do not quite make up for the aesthetic loss. Part of the issue is that the screen has wide bezels and does not sit flush on the dash. Looks very much like a plonked-on afterthought.

In my opinion it does depend on the interior spec. Obviously the new screen blends in best with the black interior, looks ok with the Regatta spec against the dark blue, but sticks out most against the tan. A new convertible has just popped up at Bristol with the red/black interior and it looks ok on photos, probably because the dash is black.

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2023 at 4:46 PM, Sbrlx said:

I am so pleased my 2023 LC arrived before this change was made. The lack of a bolted-on touchscreen was one of the big factors in choosing the LC (along with all the other wonderful bits of course!). 360 camera would be great, but I certainly wouldn't swap the existing screen/touchpad to get it.

I purchased a '24 and thought I screwed-the-pooch getting the new tech but after living with it l'm happy. True, the old dash is prettier but the new one has its merits.  Great car no matter...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 1:25 AM, pfn said:

I purchased a '24 and thought I screwed-the-pooch getting the new tech but after living with it l'm happy. True, the old dash is prettier but the new one has its merits.  Great car no matter...

You're one of the very few that's lucky enough to grab a 2024 model. Order books closed for EU & UK. No more orders being taken. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links