Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trim wrapping

Hi all. I plan to do some vinyl wrapping to uplift the interior of my car. Was considering doing this silver portion on the door with some silver carbon fibre or brushed metal vinyl but have scoured the internet and could not find any instructions on how to do it. Basically i wanted to know if this silver trim can be removed or would I need to do it in situ? I would prefer to remove it so that i can take it home and use a heat gun etc and wrap it properly. If anyone has done it before would greatly appreciate any tips. 

20230126_095554.jpg

I'm in the process of wrapping some interior parts, I'll let you know how it goes. Not sure if that specific piece is easily removable, but I know the other silver centre console trims are

Screenshot_20230325_200513_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230325_200550_Gallery.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MattDH said:

I'm in the process of wrapping some interior parts, I'll let you know how it goes. Not sure if that specific piece is easily removable, but I know the other silver centre console trims are

Screenshot_20230325_200513_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230325_200550_Gallery.jpg

Thanks. Keep me posted. I plan to do mine in the coming week il probably do it on the car in situ. Will need a really long chord. 

Your gloss carbon fiber looks really good with the red. Il be doing the door switch panels in the same colour like you and wanted to do the silver bits on the door and the centre panel in brushed aluminium. Let's see how it goes. Will post pics when i am done.

So i made a start on this today. Didn't realise how much hard work and dexterity goes into wrapping. I did the switches today and now some of the buttons stick ao i need to remove and adjust it a bit again. Also that silver trim piece on the door is held in place with screws i could see 3 of them when i removed the switch cluster there might be more. If you want to remove that piece i think you would need to remove the door card and then remove it from the inside. Seems like too much effort. Migh look into alternatives like painting the pice in situ as i dont want to be messing around with a blade around there. 

Heres what ive done so far did the switches and the trim on the glove box. The brushed aluminium looks really good. 

20230327_174320.jpg

20230327_174316.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sheamus said:

Any suggestions on wrapping this would be appreciated:

20230328_134218[1].jpg

As suggested above re-skinning may be a better option as the outline of the crack will be visible through the vinyl if you go down that route. Alternatively consider one of those leather / vinyl repair kits from amazon or eBay. That might work well in this case. 

Did the silver panel on the centre console today. I think it has turned out quite well. Watched a few videos on wrapping / key watchouts etc and am definitely getting better at it. Its much better than the dull gold/silver the car came with. The cabin feels a bit brighter now. Will do the kneepad next.

20230328_182823.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Notamech said:

Its much better than the dull gold/silver the car came with. The cabin feels a bit brighter now. 

That's where our opinions differ. If it's what makes you happy I wish you the best with it, but it wouldn't be to my taste

11 hours ago, Shada said:

That's where our opinions differ. If it's what makes you happy I wish you the best with it, but it wouldn't be to my taste

Yup. Cosmetic preferences vary widely. Wrapping is one way of getting back control over this variable, especially since most of us buy used. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links