Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX350/450h Contacts Sync

Has anybody managed to sync their contacts to the car (Android phone, connected via Bluetooth)?

Every time I try I get a message on the car screen saying "Please operate your phone to sync contacts".  No idea what that means!

Any tips?

4 hours ago, Simon F said:

Has anybody managed to sync their contacts to the car (Android phone, connected via Bluetooth)?

Every time I try I get a message on the car screen saying "Please operate your phone to sync contacts".  No idea what that means!

Any tips?

I presume you using android auto. I am not an aficionado on android but I found with my Iphone that if I turned off apple call play access to system then my contacts could be uploaded and visible. If car play has access it does not do so and in order to make a voice controlled phone call when car play active I have to use “hey siri” rather than “hey lexus”.

Hope this advice works for you.

30 minutes ago, Eggie said:

I presume you using android auto. I am not an aficionado on android but I found with my iphone that if I turned off apple call play access to system then my contacts could be uploaded and visible. If car play has access it does not do so and in order to make a voice controlled phone call when car play active I have to use “hey siri” rather than “hey lexus”.

Hope this advice works for you.

Thanks Tony I do occasionally use Android Auto, so this will be useful. 

My question here though was not through Android Auto though, simply through the car's Bluetooth connection.

44 minutes ago, Simon F said:

Thanks Tony I do occasionally use Android Auto, so this will be useful. 

My question here though was not through Android Auto though, simply through the car's bluetooth connection.

As I said it will jot work if android auto has access. Turn off wifi on phone so android auto does not auto connect in background. Go onto Bluetooth setting in car screen and you should get to a screen asking you to give access to phone, android auto etc. turn the switch on the android auto bit to off. Once the car is connected to phone then contacts will appear. If you dont switch off the android auto selection on main screen, as soon as you turn wifi on your phone on again it will auto connect thus stopping your contacts appearing in car screen. Sorry its a bit long winded.

26 minutes ago, Eggie said:

As I said it will jot work if android auto has access. Turn off wifi on phone so android auto does not auto connect in background. Go onto bluetooth setting in car screen and you should get to a screen asking you to give access to phone, android auto etc. turn the switch on the android auto bit to off. Once the car is connected to phone then contacts will appear. If you dont switch off the android auto selection on main screen, as soon as you turn wifi on your phone on again it will auto connect thus stopping your contacts appearing in car screen. Sorry its a bit long winded.

I'll look at that, but I'm pretty sure that the android auto connection is set to off and, in any case, android auto won't connect wirelessly so it can't be auto connecting.

1 hour ago, Eggie said:

As I said I not a clue about android so having to go off my experience with iphone.  However with regards to contacts I would still think that you have to give permissions in the car bluetooth setting. Good luck.

Many thanks - I'll have a play around with it taking your advice into account.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links