Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SUV after IS 300

Hi, Everyone,

I absolutely love my Lexus IS 300h however due to our family needs we are looking for a bigger alternative option, an SUV.

However, I am not sure what to go for, and is looking for forum members who can share their experience. My budget is not more around 35-38k, so will go with an approved used one, but I am not sure what will be an better alternative, if anyone can please help? I have NX/RX (UX is out as it is small) in mind but also Volvo XC 40/60 that fits budget. Anyone knows what alternate I can watch out for?

Regards

Treat yourself, go for the RX. That money should get you a 3-4yr old 4th gen model with low mileage from a main dealer and you'll have a choice of colour/trim level. As you're already used to driving a hybrid you ought to get half-decent economy for something so refined with the V6.

I don't seeing anything else of those you mention having the same special feel. I went to my 3rd gen RX a few years ago from an Avensis and I don't regret it at all, I shall be keeping it for a few years more until the time comes to change to a later RX.

I beg to differ slightly. I would NOT go for the RX because it's got the catalytic converter very exposed underneath and there's currently a massive risk you'll have it stolen. It takes them 40 seconds.

The NX may be a better bet if you're after an SUV ....but, have you considered the Lexus ES? 

When I was looking for my Is300 I was also considering a Honda CRV: it is a model I really like...and now I am happy I didn't get one, because they suffer the same problem.

Same with the RAV4 or the prius/prius plus... 🙁

Subaru has an interesting option for a reliable hybrid SUV for example.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links