Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Review of LC convertible vs new amg GT convertible

Arth_Vader

Sorry was too tight to spend £6.99 on the magazine - I think it was autocar -  but they had a shoot out between these two and I had a quick read.

The AMG won, which to be honest I’m not that surprised about, although they both got 4 stars.  

The second most amazing part of the comparison was the cost, where there was about a 60k difference.  I think the AMG was 170k vs 111k for the LC

The most amazing part was the depreciation calculation, which had the LC convertible worth only £48k after 3 years.

IF ONLY   🙂

• Thanks 2

I haven't yet read the review but the depreciation calculation was of great interest and in turn amusement. It would mean a value loss of something like 57% which I highly doubt will be anywhere near reality. The author of the article really ought to have done more research and recognise used LC's (albeit coupe's) that are some 5 years old, are still selling for £50k to £55k. In practice, they typically had an original purchase price of circa £83k to £88k and this would equate to a loss of around 40%. Not bad for any car with 5 years under its belt!

Only time will tell but I believe the "cheapest" LC which has an asking price of £46k and way more miles than most, is as cheap as it gets. This particular example has dropped in price and probably not least because it is being sold by an individual who shall we say has a very dubious history......... The next nearest is a 2017 model up at £48k. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Depreciation is extremely difficult to predict at the moment.  Through Covid and the Ukraine conflict there have been extremes in terms of component supply restrictions, etc which has forced lead in times to extend and reduced availability on the used market.  I suspect the Autocar figures are based on historical norms and reflect what we should have expected prior to the current economic mess.  At some point I have no doubt that the current depreciation bubble will well and truly burst - please just don't ask me or any economist to say when!!

Peter

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links