Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SRS module location

Hi guys!   My car almost done but airbag light stay ON with  no codes. I believe the SRS module must be reset.

Would you advise where I can find that pls?

If it under the central console would be good to know how to remove it without damage any plastic etc..

Thanks in advance

Normally it is under the central storage compartment in most Lexus cars, basically where you would put your elbow when driving. But I am not confident it needs resetting, or that resetting requires accessing it.

The reason I am saying this, if SRS module would need resetting, then you would get a fault, basically it would still think that one or more airbags were deployed, despite them being replaced. Secondly, I am not sure you need to physically access the airbag module to reset it. It is not like it has big red button on it saying "reset". Again normally that would be done via diagnostics computer. 

I am not sure if I have RC workshop manual (I will look around), but I suggest to do some more digging before ripping the panels apart (not that it takes that much of time really, if you know what you doing maybe 5 min). 

• 1 month later...

it is placed right under the hand rest, when you open it you can see the little  cover on the bottom and SRS is visible there  but to remove it I should rip the middle trims apart as you said.  thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links