Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

“Plan journeys from home “

On 4/30/2023 at 12:42 PM, Al D-Much said:

I don't know, hence the frustration, leading to giving up.
And the app itself is pretty poor, especially the laughable find my car feature.
So far it mainly thinks it's 9 doors down, and on occasion it thinks the car is across town and on the move, when it's locked away in the garage.

Alex.. It does this Deliberately Does not show the Exact location.. For Security reasons...Did read that somewhere..!!!

3 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Alex.. It does this Deliberately Does not show the Exact location.. For Security reasons...Did read that somewhere..!!!

Security reasons?
That's rubbish, park up in a town centre you've never been to before, forget where you've left the car, then use the app to NOT find it again!

I kid you not this actually happened to me in London many years ago with my old Merc.
After a few days down there enjoying life, couldn't for the life of me remember where I'd left the damn thing. Ended up buying a car to get back home.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Ronnie.

My 2021 RX shows it within the few metres accuracy of GPS.  It is only significantly off it for some reason the latest position has not been updated in the app, but this is rare (at the moment).

Paul

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Strava hides the start and end location by about 50m but I don't believe it is the case with Lexus. My location is invariably within a few metres. The address is wrong but that's just because of the way my drive and the surrounding estate are laid out. If your location is always out by a similar amount in a similar direction, try recentring it as follows:

Go into Settings (in the car) and select 'Navigation', 'Other' and then 'Position/Direction'; does it show the position of your car accurately? If not you can move the map so that the correct position is shown (Press okay) and then do the same for Direction. Having reset the car's position, it would be interesting to know if your car then starts reporting the correct location more reliably.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Nope

Right now ours is showing its exact location right down to the correct house number

Sometimes though it can be 40 miles out because the whole connection system in the car software is a pile of junk.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links