Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

“Plan journeys from home “

Hi folks 

I’ve just watched the following Lexus UK tutorial about the Lexus Link app. It says I can apparently plan journeys from home. I’ve tried my best to search through the app and can’t find any Nav functionality at all…have I missed something?

many thanks…

You haven’t missed anything, I believe this feature isn’t currently available in the 2022 NX. I think they are planning on releasing it sometime in the future, there is even a section in the car navigation for planned journeys but it isn’t available yet in the app or website

I have it on my 2020 NX.
Plan the route, send it to the car, states it is successful, then in the car, can't find the saved route anywhere.
So gave up, went back to WAZE desktop, sends it to my phone, CarPlay, and off I go on my travels.

The app is rubbish

12 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

Plan the route, send it to the car, states it is successful, then in the car, can't find the saved route anywhere.
So gave up,

Glad I am not the only one, tired a couple of times, tells me successfully sent could never find the route on the nav system. Stopped trying.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Glad I am not the only one, tired a couple of times, tells me successfully sent could never find the route on the nav system. Stopped trying.

This works about 50 percent of the time on my 2022 RX. Sometimes it only gets the destination to the car after you have already got fed up of waiting and set it yourself in the vehicle....

Paul 

Not just me then....what a shambles the management of this app has been.....In Japan there'd be a ritual disembowelling for those involved ....

Thanks for your replies 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Lexus hardware has a reputation.

Lexus software does not.

John,

Unfortunately it seems the software is fast developing the wrong kind of reputation....

Paul

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

I believe the successfully sent means it has been received into the Lexus servers. One then has to make sure one's phone is providing internet tethering in the car for the connection to be made to the servers. I have auto-download set in the car and always get my routes delivered to the car without fail.

• Like 1

As others have mentioned, you're not missing anything yet. There is an android app called Navibridge that scores 4.2 and is supposed to send a destination/route from your favourite mapping app to your car navigation unit. I don't know if the NX is one of the vehicles supported but it might be worth a look.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I believe the successfully sent means it has been received into the Lexus servers. One then has to make sure one's phone is providing internet tethering in the car for the connection to be made to the servers. I have auto-download set in the car and always get my routes delivered to the car without fail.

When sending to the car from the app. I use my home Wi-Fi, the car is on, connected to the same Wi-Fi and nothing.........................ever

5 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

When sending to the car from the app. I use my home Wi-Fi, the car is on, connected to the same Wi-Fi and nothing.........................ever

Do you have auto download enabled? Have you gone through the menu and requested connection to the server?

Try tethering you mobile to the car via Bluetooth?

On 4/28/2023 at 5:24 PM, NemesisUK said:

Do you have auto download enabled? Have you gone through the menu and requested connection to the server?

Try tethering you mobile to the car via bluetooth?

yep, all that, still nothing.
Just gave up in the end, it's a nicety, but not a necessity for me.

56 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

yep, all that, still nothing.
Just gave up in the end, it's a nicety, but not a necessity for me.

Mmm, so why you and 1000's of others manage?

Good job it's not a necessity!

15 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Mmm, so why you and 1000's of others manage?

Good job it's not a necessity!

I don't know, hence the frustration, leading to giving up.
And the app itself is pretty poor, especially the laughable find my car feature.
So far it mainly thinks it's 9 doors down, and on occasion it thinks the car is across town and on the move, when it's locked away in the garage.

• Like 1

Quick update.
Finally got it to work.
A bit of a faff though.
Send from app, go to car,  when on house Wi-Fi go to download from server, saves to favourites.
Tethering to the phone, adds some more faffing as the car never remembers the password.

But all good now, just a longer process with more "clicks".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Yep, LOL

I think the workaround on the Iphone is to use internet through Bluetooth, rather than using a hotspot.  I don't use one so I can;t tell you how to enable it, but I think others have made that work.

Paul

1 hour ago, WhiteHart said:

I am about to spend 10s of thousands of pounds on a car and the app does not work. Let's hope it will work with my over priced iPhone.

For your 10's of 1000's £'s you'll get a great car, as to the app and Iphone I choose not to comment out of decency.

• Like 1

The Lexus supposed 'leading edge' navigation is so rubbish and anything but leading edge I soon went back to using my 10+ year old Tom Tom instead.  That accepts home planned destinations and actually does cope with traffic delays but truth is IMHO there's little advantage in this home planning.   

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 6:10 PM, WhiteHart said:

I am about to spend 10s of thousands of pounds on a car and the app does not work. Let's hope it will work with my over priced iPhone.

You can get 3 times the memory and a faster chip on phones from other companies, so that you chose to support apple you can only blame yourself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links