Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus/Toyota Dealership is for once the cheapest to get cap/cover. They cost ~£20 already painted in correct colour. Usually on backorder so be prepared to wait for few weeks and obviously make sure to coder correct side. As well note that facelift cars had different shape, so make sure to take the other side washer to show them to order the right part. 

However - Lexus DOES NOT sell the clip, and as ridiculous as it sounds to get the clip you have to buy headlight washer assembly for £300+. Because the clip is not part of the washer jet cover, but part of entire washer assembly. So for the clip you have to go to AliExpress and order bag of them. I think I still have coupe of them laying around somewhere - looks like this (says Subaru, but it is identical part, you can find listings for Toyota/Lexus as well, just costs more) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002282247848 vs. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001715065264

You can sometimes find them on eBay like here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402726270667, but it s identical part just for 10x the price. I seen people in UK selling them for £30 each, just get bag of them from Aliexpress for pennies and resell them. 

Once you put everything back together I suggest drilling small hole with like 1mm drill and putting in the pin/twist some wire to make sure clip never comes out again, because this is the most annoying part.

The other option - go and scout washing place and try to find your lost cap. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 1:18 PM, Jamescokell said:

Thank you sir. I really appreciate the pointers 

I'm selling my whole headlight washer system for £25 at the minute. Plumbing, jets & caps. Mine is a different colour, but you can have the lot, just get it painted. Paint will cost you £15 to get it mixed.

IMG_7718-min.JPG

IMG_7723-min.JPG

• 4 months later...
On 5/14/2023 at 1:18 PM, Jamescokell said:

Thank you sir. I really appreciate the pointers 

On 5/14/2023 at 12:15 PM, Linas.P said:

Lexus/Toyota Dealership is for once the cheapest to get cap/cover. They cost ~£20 already painted in correct colour. Usually on backorder so be prepared to wait for few weeks and obviously make sure to coder correct side. As well note that facelift cars had different shape, so make sure to take the other side washer to show them to order the right part. 

However - Lexus DOES NOT sell the clip, and as ridiculous as it sounds to get the clip you have to buy headlight washer assembly for £300+. Because the clip is not part of the washer jet cover, but part of entire washer assembly. So for the clip you have to go to AliExpress and order bag of them. I think I still have coupe of them laying around somewhere - looks like this (says Subaru, but it is identical part, you can find listings for Toyota/Lexus as well, just costs more) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002282247848 vs. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001715065264

You can sometimes find them on ebay like here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402726270667, but it s identical part just for 10x the price. I seen people in UK selling them for £30 each, just get bag of them from Aliexpress for pennies and resell them. 

Once you put everything back together I suggest drilling small hole with like 1mm drill and putting in the pin/twist some wire to make sure clip never comes out again, because this is the most annoying part.

The other option - go and scout washing place and try to find your lost cap. 

Is there any instructions videos on how to install these? i have all the parts but its not clipping in with ease and without removing the bumper which i am not keen on doing it is proving to be a pain. I bought the body colour cover from lexus (interestingly had to modify to fit due to fins) but the clip was third party from Lituania via eBay.

Thanks

James

I don't believe I have seen videos of it being done. My advise would be to tape the bumper around the hole to protect it then pull the washer out and support it with something (like plyers, or anything that can hold it on both sides). Then it is solid and you can clip the cover in.

That is assuming your washer het is not broken where the cap should clip in, mine was broken on one side, so it simply would not hold. In that case I drilled 1mm hole and used some metal wire and epoxy glue to secure it in place.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I don't believe I have seen videos of it being done. My advise would be to tape the bumper around the hole to protect it then pull the washer out and support it with something (like plyers, or anything that can hold it on both sides). Then it is solid and you can clip the cover in.

That is assuming your washer het is not broken where the cap should clip in, mine was broken on one side, so it simply would not hold. In that case I drilled 1mm hole and used some metal wire and epoxy glue to secure it in place.

Thank you sir i will try that 

37 minutes ago, Jamescokell said:

Is there any instructions videos on how to install these? i have all the parts but its not clipping in with ease and without removing the bumper which i am not keen on doing it is proving to be a pain. I bought the body colour cover from lexus (interestingly had to modify to fit due to fins) but the clip was third party from Lituania via ebay.

This is going to be very fiddly with the bumper on and very easy with the bumper off. So it's up to you which path you decide to choose, but they are sprung, so you can't just easily pulled them out.

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e58c367124dc4ddf71264b27f74a07e4.jpegDoes this look broken to you?

3 hours ago, H3XME said:

This is going to be very fiddly with the bumper on and very easy with the bumper off. So it's up to you which path you decide to choose, but they are sprung, so you can't just easily pulled them out.

Thanks for the pointer. Is the bumper tough to remove. I have a basic knowledge around cars but not taken a bumper off previously

8 minutes ago, Jamescokell said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e58c367124dc4ddf71264b27f74a07e4.jpegDoes this look broken to you?

No - this is perfectly fine and intact.

As mentioned, just tape around it to protect the bumper, pull the washer out and find something to suspend it and just press the clip firmly inside the washer. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links