Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spark plugs changed

Steven9233

So I had the spark plugs changed by lextech Southampton . My car has now done 51k ! I didn’t listen to advice of leaving them coz I’m an idiot !  I wanted peace of mind as my thinking was they’ve been in there 10 years .  When I collected I asked to see old plugs out of interest and they looked pretty much as new  , a little dusting of grey .  What a waste of money !! Thought I’d share this , if you’re tempted like I was - don’t . They are indeed good for way way longer . Still at least peace of mind complete . For note I’d totally recommend lextech , Lexus technician of 20 years , great service lovely unit way cheaper than the dealer for dealer knowledge and service .

IMG_5997.jpeg

Personally I wouldn't leave my sparkplugs in for 10 years regardless of recommendation etc have had mine in for 7years and have done about 10k miles and am thinking of having them changed lol

Spark plugs do not age, so year part is kind of irrelevant, the only thing that matters is mileage. The iridium plugs that comes with these cars are the longest lasting type anyway, I believe Lexus recommends 80k miles, but they probably last like ~100k. So definitely do need to change them if they are 51k, 7 years or 7k for sure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scudney said:

Personally I wouldn't leave my sparkplugs in for 10 years regardless of recommendation etc have had mine in for 7years and have done about 10k miles and am thinking of having them changed lol

You’ve made me feel better about it 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links