Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2002 SC430 radio etc. drop down cover.

hampton25

My radio drop down cover doesn't work on my 2002 SC430. It might be a fuse, can anyone tell me where this fuse is located.

(The drop down cover on the sat nav works fine).

Fusebox in passenger footwell. It is the second fuse up at the front. It is 7.5 amp and is marked "Dome" on the fusebox cover. It also controls the interior light. Obviously, if the interior light works the fuse is OK.

• Like 1

I had problems with my radio cover not working, I found it was the button itself that had collapsed.

After spending much time with glue and duct tape I realised that despite my skills which were honed watching Blue Peter repair is not possible!

I found the cheapest way was to buy a complete wood insert that contained the switch from eBay.

Shame it was maple so I gently swapped the button, refitted and it then worked!!! 

• Like 2

After having done various mods requiring the console panel to be removed mine stopped working as well. I think it is a common problem. For me it turned out to be the confection on the back of the switch. it's a fiddle to take out but doing this and refitting the plug cured the problem.  I think the issue is if you don't unplug the connection and just hang the wood trim on the cable to the side to do what you want to do it puts too much strain on what is a small connector. You can also take the switch out of the panel fairly easily and then you can check that the connector is seated correctly and hopefully it works before refitting he panel.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links