Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What service next - 2012 RX450H Luxury

Hi - as a new owner can anyone tell me what my next service should be on a car that is 10 years old and 78K on the clock? Lexus are suggesting that it should be a 100k major service, but I see that the 100k service was carried out last year according to the service record????? 

What is the detail/breakdown of the items needed to be checked/ replaced on the next service ( I prefer to err on the catious side and get thoings done sooner ratgher that too late)

Thanks for the help.

Assuming mileage was 10k or less since the last service, should be an interim service only.

The Lexus website details what specific tasks are completed, but an interim service is basically an oil & filter change, inspection and hybrid health check.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Next year will be a big one, as the 120k/12year service includes a spark plug change.

Not in my experience, plugs don't need changing until they've done their full 60k. The schedule says as much, I had mine done at eight years old when it'd done 60,000 miles.

• Like 1

Good point. Mine were done at 12 years and around 100k but, as it was part of a service plan, it didn't really matter to me if it was done a little early as it would have cropped up during the life of the plan anyway, so I didn't query it. I have the 10yr+ extended warranty, so unless there's something wildly amiss I just let them do their thing.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links