Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio settings

Steven C

Recently bought a new ES300H and it has no Bass or Treble settings for the audio. Is this normal for the standard version? Can find nothing in the display settings. Never come across this option missing in any other car I have had before. Any advice?

I have the Mark Levinson system for which the controls may be different but I don't think so. Anyhow, page 121 of my Infotainment manual suggests the setting are in the Audio/Sound menu.

Good luck!

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 17.44.27.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Mine doesn't have the ML sound system just a standard audio output. I have looked under Sound & Media settings but nothing there for Bass,Treble or Balance. Very odd. I guess I will have to speak to Lexus dealership I got it from and see what they say. Even the basic of cars these days have Bass & Treble settings. 

3 hours ago, Steven C said:

Recently bought a new ES300H and it has no Bass or Treble settings for the audio. Is this normal for the standard version? Can find nothing in the display settings. Never come across this option missing in any other car I have had before. Any advice?

I noticed the same on mine, very weird as the previous version did

• Like 1

Found the setting for Bass, Mid Treble and fader only last week. After 7 months of ownership. Play your music( or Radio) through the lexus system and not CarPlay. You'll see 3 ...  towards top right hand side of screen. Then you will get to the setting screen.

This is on MY23 model, don't know if others differ.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

• Like 3

Ahh the magic 3 dots meaning click here for more options.

I should have seen and known that as a software demonstrator 

thanks

• Like 1

Yes I found it after spending over an hour with the Lexus infotainment help desk. The manual for the 2023MY is as clear as mud.  Three tiny dots. Not exactly the best setup. 🤨

Were you looking for the dreaded “Graphic Equaliser” from the 80s? Most of the better hi fi manufacturers avoid tone controls like the plague. The cheaper flashier ones love them; lots of knobs/sliders and meters to hide some cheap resistors which reduce sound quality by affecting phase etc. Best advice is to turn them off and rely on the balance, tonal qualities etc which the original sound engineer chose.

Think I had better duck.

20 minutes ago, DTR said:

Best advice is to turn them off and rely on the balance, tonal qualities etc which the original sound engineer chose.

That’s fair enough but people don’t have a flat hearing frequency response and it moves with age so you may want to boost the mids at some point, especially if you are listening to voices rather than music.

I also find that tweeters can be placed too near the driver in certain vehicles, giving you an overly bright sound. Taking down the highs a notch or two then helps.

With a home system your speaker placement can dial out tonal imbalance, you don’t get that luxury in a car. 

• 1 month later...

I finally got round to pressing on the 3 dots and tried to adjust the sound to get more from the rear, as I couldn't hear anything from the rear. As I moved the arrow on the screen more to the rear of the car, the more the volume reduced, which would suggest there are no rear speakers. I've checked the spec (MY23 Premium Edition) and it says it has a Pioneer 10 speaker system. Does anyone know if that 10 includes any rear speakers, or are they all in the front?

11 minutes ago, Dippo said:

I finally got round to pressing on the 3 dots and tried to adjust the sound to get more from the rear, as I couldn't hear anything from the rear. As I moved the arrow on the screen more to the rear of the car, the more the volume reduced, which would suggest there are no rear speakers. I've checked the spec (MY23 Premium Edition) and it says it has a Pioneer 10 speaker system. Does anyone know if that 10 includes any rear speakers, or are they all in the front?

Possibly all in the front except the sub (I assume the 10-speaker system has one). Even the ML system doesn't have rear speakers in the traditional sense - Lexus made a big thing about repositioning the speakers for the ES to enhance the sound.

image.thumb.png.ba1285aa0c646e10a8284d64d3718875.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links