Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h+ PHEV

AlsB

I took delivery of my 2023 450h+ PHEV about 3 weeks ago. For a premium price car I have to say I am a little disappointed with the quality over my previous 2021 RX. So far I have achieved an impressive 50mg but this is well short of the promoted 250 mpg, I realise things like air conditioning and regular driving takes a toll on the mpg but I am curious how those figures were achieved. Perhaps more importantly there are little things that seem to have been done just to save on production costs, the sequential turn indicators have disappeared and the expanding door pockets are now no longer, no more a spare wheel or spacesaver, I can no longer listen to my favourite radio station as it just keeps dropping out. No big deal but it’s the little things that set it apart. I was also surprised to find it very difficult to insure, perhaps due to the recent spike in thefts of Lexus cars 

38 minutes ago, AlsB said:

I took delivery of my 2023 450h+ PHEV about 3 weeks ago. For a premium price car I have to say I am a little disappointed with the quality over my previous 2021 RX. So far I have achieved an impressive 50mg but this is well short of the promoted 250 mpg, I realise things like air conditioning and regular driving takes a toll on the mpg but I am curious how those figures were achieved. Perhaps more importantly there are little things that seem to have been done just to save on production costs, the sequential turn indicators have disappeared and the expanding door pockets are now no longer, no more a spare wheel or spacesaver, I can no longer listen to my favourite radio station as it just keeps dropping out. No big deal but it’s the little things that set it apart. I was also surprised to find it very difficult to insure, perhaps due to the recent spike in thefts of Lexus cars 

Hi Alan,

Other than mpg, how do you find the drive train compared to the v6? I test drove a 450h+ and the drivetrain was better than I expected - and I thought it handled well.   I noted the loss of the expanding door bins.  Shame about the radio dropping out?  DAB or FM?  Also thought that insurance would not be so bad on the new model... 

Cheers,

Paul

48 minutes ago, AlsB said:

I would have thought that the big mpg is achieved when mostly doing short journeys each day within the range of electric only and keeping it in EV only as much as possible then recharging it overnight.

3 minutes ago, flookyk said:

I would have thought that the big mpg is achieved when mostly doing short journeys each day within the range of electric only and keeping it in EV only as much as possible then recharging it overnight.

Absolutely and even if you are achieving 250 mpg you need to factor in the cost of electricity too. 

27 minutes ago, PDM said:

Hi Alan,

Other than mpg, how do you find the drive train compared to the v6? I test drove a 450h+ and the drivetrain was better than I expected - and I thought it handled well.   I noted the loss of the expanding door bins.  Shame about the radio dropping out?  DAB or FM?  Also thought that insurance would not be so bad on the new model... 

Cheers,

Paul

I am really impressed with the drive,  it’s a lot quicker and quieter than the v6 which I don’t miss at all. The acceleration is amazing but the sports button has also gone and you now need to select sports mode from the touch screen. Perhaps stupidly I also miss the analog clock. I enjoy driving the car and I find it more comfortable than the previous, just the little things that we took for granted with the series 4

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

EV mode does not include in the MPG calculations oddly in the car. in the 350h I achieved 45mpg easily. in the 450+ 40 miles easily done on EV only, there are multiple modes, EV, EV+Hybrid, Hybrid, generator. 

compared to my 2019 gen 4 450, the economy is miles better, drive is better, power is almost same in the 450+, more responsive, better drive, better finish, just in general much better. My only niggle will be lack of cubbies and lack of essential buttons especially drive modes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links