Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recent Experience

I did my first longish drive last week - 240 miles. Motorway / dual carriageway all the way, driving at about 60 and in traffic (M6). Did the research on Zapmap and checked availability on it whilst driving. 
Stopped at Moto Services Rugby - tremendously clean and a real change from other service stations. Plenty of 350kw chargers available (only 50p / kw), hooked up with a slight difficulty due to the charge port on the car being where it is with shortish cable on the charger. Charged at about 30% to 80% in about 30 mins which was the time we wanted to stop for. Arrived and there was a MFG station with plenty of 150kw chargers (79p / Kw) and charged back to 80% in about 20 mins. 
Return journey was just a reversal, charged at Moto Rugby and arrived home with plenty of range. All in all, totally trouble free charge wise. 
I found the car to be very comfortable and the autonomous driving to be far better than in my previous Range Rover, BMW and Merc’s. 
I was surprised that whilst using apple Maps, the HUD displayed the directions, never had that before. 
I am now much happier with the range as I am confident that it is displayed accurately (difference between consumption at 60 and 75 mph is much greater than I expected) and with research the occasional 240 mile drive is stress free (so far). 
I hope someone found this of interest !

• Like 3

I wasn’t 100% when I started at home or away. It takes as long to charge 80% to 100% as it does 20% to 80% and all EV’s are like that.
  think starting at 100% with only seat cooling / radiant heating, driving at a constant 60 mph I would get twitchy over 200 miles. 

• Like 1

Bob, did you make a note of how many miles per kw hour were showing on the dash? I tend you use this as a gauge for how much range I can get. Struggling to get over 3m/kwh on current 30mph local journeys  and it is settling at about 2.9m/kwh on 60mph motorway journeys. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links