Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

car display readings

Hi friends

following on from my recent service, iv'e lost next to the sat nav the ability to see the climate control / sound /small square box displays of how many miles left also the current MPG readings 

does anyone know on how to get to the setting to return these readings

thanks 

2 hours ago, gdamorini said:

Take a photo of the display and post it.

Thanks 

the displays of the audio and climate are now much larger than they were before my service. And there was also on the outer part 2 small displays showing displays of how many miles left also the current MPG readings 

IMG20230823101544.jpg

My 2020 screen has an icon to click on which switches from full screen map to a mid sizedsp and a small,square screen to show music/hybrid animation etc.,or swap to large music screen and small map.Haven't driven or even been in  a UX so may be different.

12 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

My 2020 screen has an icon to click on which switches from full screen map to a mid sizedsp and a small,square screen to show music/hybrid animation etc.,or swap to large music screen and small map.Haven't driven or even been in  a UX so may be different.

Thanks, David 

the problem is the main displays above have got larger than they were and the 2 small displays that were there to the left are now missing. 

Do you have an option in your setup menu to customise the Home Screen? 
Unfortunately I don’t have any knowledge of the menu structure for the UX but you could try: Menu/Setup/General/Customise Home Screen

Extract from RX Manual:

Home Menu.jpg

59 minutes ago, Sixty said:

Do you have an option in your setup menu to customise the Home Screen? 
Unfortunately I don’t have any knowledge of the menu structure for the UX but you could try: Menu/Setup/General/Customise Home Screen

Extract from RX Manual:

Home Menu.jpg

Yes, trev I do have those settings, but they no longer are displayed alongside the sat nav in small display screens. i will need to go to the dealer to find out why they have moved to the speedometer area, following on from the software update 

1 hour ago, Spock66 said:

Have you checked on Youtube, something like this may help.

This screenshot from the clip is how mine looked before the software update. Although mine were to the left in 2 small display screens. What's happened in my case these boxes are much larger than before and have now squeezed out the other latest and range boxes 

ScreenHunter 322.jpg

On 8/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, fourbanks said:

Thanks 

the displays of the audio and climate are now much larger than they were before my service. And there was also on the outer part 2 small displays showing displays of how many miles left also the current MPG readings 

IMG20230823101544.jpg

For the UX there are two different size displays, one which is 7 inches and one which is 10 inches wide. My UX has the smaller display, so i never had the additional info on mileage and range. Your UX must have the larger display, to also show that info. You must try to adjust the settings in the preferences menu, if it doesn't work go back to the service and ask them.

2 hours ago, gdamorini said:

For the UX there are two different size displays, one which is 7 inches and one which is 10 inches wide. My UX has the smaller display, so i never had the additional info on mileage and range. Your UX must have the larger display, to also show that info. You must try to adjust the settings in the preferences menu, if it doesn't work go back to the service and ask them.

Will do Daniele thanks 🙂 

A great response from members to put your settings back to your preference, before it had a service. Why oh why?doesn’t the technician return settings to the customers original setting! When my is serviced, all the settings have been changed?  Infuriating is not the word. It will not happen again.  They will be instructed to return them to MY preference. 

51 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

A great response from members to put your settings back to your preference, before it had a service. Why oh why?doesn’t the technician return settings to the customers original setting! When my is serviced, all the settings have been changed?  Infuriating is not the word. It will not happen again.  They will be instructed to return them to MY preference. 

Indeed Colin 

to be frank, i don't even think they know much about these settings anyhow, they don't appear to in my previous discussions about the car in general. i'm just hoping the Lexus group will be able to get another site for the business as it's so crammed at the moment at Gatwick with Toyota side by side 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gdamorini said:

My UX has only four options for home screen but this does include current mileage and distance to empty. It has three areas on the screen and I have nav in the large one and audio and range etc. In the last. If you click on any one it takes over the whole screen temporarily. This is useful when using nav but to be honest since I bought an Android Dongle I've never used the built in nav. I like being able to ask Google to "find me a route to" .....

15 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

My UX has only four options for home screen but this does include current mileage and distance to empty. It has three areas on the screen and I have nav in the large one and audio and range etc. In the last. If you click on any one it takes over the whole screen temporarily. This is useful when using nav but to be honest since I bought an Android Dongle I've never used the built in nav. I like being able to ask Google to "find me a route to" .....

If you could post a screenshot of your setup, Charles, that could be useful to me. Mine has the four options but does not include current mileage and distance to empty as it had before my software update 

Thanks 

55 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

If you could post a screenshot of your setup, Charles, that could be useful to me. Mine has the four options but does not include current mileage and distance to empty as it had before my software update 

Thanks 

Do these help?

20230824_201528.JPG

20230824_201556.JPG

20230824_201656.JPG

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

Do these help?

20230824_201528.JPG

20230824_201556.JPG

20230824_201656.JPG

Yes, Charles, the top one. How did you manage that. Iv'e been looking at the menus the past couple of hours and still not found that setting. When I press eco, all I get is the engine and Battery display like this 

IMG20230824214523.jpg

I have it!

Click on the ECO area when on the home screen. This will take you to a full ECO screen.
Change the display there to 'Trip info'.
Press the home button on the main centre console panel and then you should have trip data displayed.
Works on mine anyway!

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

I have it!

Click on the ECO area when on the home screen. This will take you to a full ECO screen.
Change the display there to 'Trip info'.
Press the home button on the main centre console panel and then you should have trip data displayed.
Works on mine anyway!

Perfect, thanks. I was not using the home button, just the centre button of the pad. Fantastic Charles once again 😃

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links