Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel quality

Baggers

Strong advice from Lexus Edgware Road was not to use E10 in the 2007 IS250. The reason for this has been extensively discussed in another thread. Consensus (such as it was) is that non-metallic components in the fuel system are degraded by E10's higher moisture content, and eventually fail. At least Lexus warns its customers of this; a friend of mine had to scrap his well-liked old V5 Golf after the fuel-system internals perished on a diet of E10.

On 9/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, Baggers said:

I have done about 500 miles on V Power since posing my question above and I honestly can’t perceive any discernible difference between it and supermarket petrol. Performance is comparable, economy is slightly improved and the car engine is still running quietly and smoothly. I will stick with it for the time being but my impression is that the car feels just the same as the before.

of course David, better fuel will not make a noticeable difference on regular cars. I say regular cars because some cars (predominantly high end sports cars) are factory tuned to run on 98+ and putting supermarket 95 octane will cause them to run sh*t. They adjust timing for that.

The MPGs are the only really noticeable thing when using better fuel. Overall, better fuel is like additives, this is a preventative thing to do to ensure your engine is nice and clean many thousands of miles later. It's got better cleaning properties, it's good for all engines, but in terms of immediate performance only a handful of cars will benefit from it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links