Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, and small mods I can do for my car

Hello everyone!

I've joined you guys after discovering there forums for my car.

(UK) Lexus IS300H F-sport 17' about 60k mileage

Are there any small mods I can do to start off with my car? I had a few ideas in mind 

1) adding rgb car roof  Rgb Roof

2) Duck lip 

3) infotainment upgrade to android auto? 

thanks y'all

List of Mods is endless....

There are mods that are performance orientated or just make the car look like absolute *****. Of course each person has their own taste but that is open to debate. 

However if your really eager start with subtle mods.

Window tints, performance alloys/tyres (lightweight), window deflectors, Painted calipers, performance tyres.

You will generally find the general Lexus population do not do 'Mods' as such as it ruins the image of Toyotas Rolls Royce. Not to mention each mod has to de declared for insurance purposes they look to decline a claim for any reason hopefully thats enough to put you off. :rolleyes:

All the best...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yaboyking said:

(UK) Lexus IS300H F-sport 17' about 60k mileage

Are there any small mods I can do to start off with my car?

What’s the bodywork like after six years and 60k miles?

Perhaps having it professionally Detailed with a ceramic finish would be a good investment?  Or have it coated with Paint Protection Film.

And if you’re not the shy, retiring type then there are some pretty dramatic designs that will give you a one-of-a-kind Lexus!

• Like 1

For a car thats 6 years and 60k miles, i think the previous owners have kept it in superb shape, it looks new, there is no wear pretty much anywhere on the car , no scratches other than on the rims. Rim scratches were mostly me not being able to park.

• Like 2

I just updated my audio to allow Android Auto and Carplay. I bought a "magic box" from Iceboxauto and fitted it myself.  It works a treat, gives full Android Auto functionality (I don't have apple kit, so can't comment on that) and allows the Lexus system to function as before. The folk at Icebox were incredibly helpful with both purchasing and installation questions. 2016 IS Premier with Mark Levinson, Sat Nav and rear camera. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Good luck

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SCB said:

I just updated my audio to allow Android Auto and Carplay. I bought a "magic box" from Iceboxauto and fitted it myself.  It works a treat, gives full Android Auto functionality (I don't have Apple kit, so can't comment on that) and allows the Lexus system to function as before. The folk at Icebox were incredibly helpful with both purchasing and installation questions. 2016 IS Premier with Mark Levinson, Sat Nav and rear camera. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Good luck

i'd been looking for UK based sellers for a while but £729 is a bit on steep side but i suppose would you possibly get it cheaper by the time you paid shipping an import tax if buying from overseas?  The real plus side is the 2 year warranty if buying in the UK, i cannot see the overseas sellers honouring that.

3 minutes ago, SCB said:

Mine was around £300, bought in the UK from a UK vendor

So you kept the original screen ie. 7"
the £729 is the full 10.25 " android unit.

Maybe cheaper to pickup a firetablet and tape it on 😂

yeah, good point I should have mentioned that - I kept the original screen and just had to run new connectors (supplied) from the head unit to the screen and then to the "magic box". It gives me Spotify, and Waze which is all I really use. There was an option to add a rear camera, but my IS already had the Lexus one so I didn't need a new/additional one

7 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

So you kept the original screen ie. 7"
the £729 is the full 10.25 " android unit.

Maybe cheaper to pickup a firetablet and tape it on 😂

All depends on how much you paid for your car and how long you plan to keep it. For example if its a 12k car with 100k miles or something that you plan to run for only a couple of years it doesn't make much sense spending £700 on the media unit as you will not recover your costs. But if its something thats fairly new and you plan to keep for like 5-10 years then might be worth it depending on your use. A lot of us just use our phone + Bluetooth and it does the job just fine. 

5 minutes ago, Notamech said:

All depends on how much you paid for your car and how long you plan to keep it. For example if its a 12k car with 100k miles or something that you plan to run for only a couple of years it doesn't make much sense spending £700 on the media unit as you will not recover your costs. But if its something thats fairly new and you plan to keep for like 5-10 years then might be worth it depending on your use. A lot of us just use our phone + bluetooth and it does the job just fine. 

Sure it does the job, even the sat nav has not let me down... but you gotta admit its well past it sell-by-date  graphically.

It would defo give the car the wow factor...but agreed £700 is sill money

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links