Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time for a change.....

11 hours ago, NothernDan said:

That's it. She's gone......

If LB09 KAK surfaces anywhere I'm more then happy to provide all the juicy details behind her ownership.

Handed her over with 12 Lexus stamps in the book and every single invoice for everything since 2015 (before and including my ownership).

Got a great deal that meant that (excluding mods and servicing, which I'd spend on any car) she cost me just over £96 a month to own). What a deal.

I managed to get most of my money back on the removable mods and it's gone looking fine but in need of a few minor jobs to get her perfect. Time for the next owner to pick up the reins.

Replaced the old girl with something a lot newer and with infinitely more accessible modification potential. Already got it booked in to go stage 2 before Xmas!

Not what anyone would have expected but even in stock form (which it won't be for long) this thing is formidable.....

IMG_20230930_182350.thumb.jpg.12d70ed071808366ab8fcb14efc25538.jpg

Good choice, I had a much modified Mini Clubvan. After the Celtic Re-Map it went like a rocket, I also had the Tein EDFC active pro suspension system fitted on it which completely changed the rather choppy ride and made it ride like a limo then tightened up nicely on the twisty roads.

Why do they call them minis when they are big fat ugly things?  Just wondering.

The acme of mini - ism is the 1965 cooper S. A pal of mine was driving his when the steering wheel and column parted company from the floor and he ran head on into a lamp post. The car fell to bits.

It transpired that the column was attached to the steering mechanism with one pinch bolt. Good old British engineering.

My 1966 Healey sprite exploded on the M1 at 70 mph.    70 in top gear was 5500 rpm!!! No wonder it blew up.

Deadly Curves: The Stunning 1964 Mini Cooper Win At The Monte Carlo Rallye

39 minutes ago, GMB said:

Why do they call them minis when they are big fat ugly things?  Just wondering.

The acme of mini - ism is the 1965 cooper S. A pal of mine was driving his when the steering wheel and column parted company from the floor and he ran head on into a lamp post. The car fell to bits.

It transpired that the column was attached to the steering mechanism with one pinch bolt. Good old British engineering.

My 1966 Healey sprite exploded on the M1 at 70 mph.    70 in top gear was 5500 rpm!!! No wonder it blew up.

Deadly Curves: The Stunning 1964 Mini Cooper Win At The Monte Carlo Rallye

Good point, I think the later cars after 2012 look as if someone has inflated them as they appear to be almost ballooned compared to even the first of the BMW Mini's.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links