Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus App: Where do I find my 'Version Code' please

I would like to look at the Service History of my Lexus via the Lexus App.

In the App I'm presented with a 'VERIFY CAR' screen and I have to enter a 6-7 digit version code and a date of acquisition which it says are located on the V5C document.

I've got the V5C and am looking at the 'Vehicle details' section.

I presume that the 'Date of Acquisition' on the App is the 'Date of first registration' on the V5C.  I've entered that date.

There is a 'Version' number in the 'Vehicle details' section but it's a lot longer than the 6-7 digits the Lexus App is after.  I've tried entering the first 6 digits of the number and the last 6 digits of the number. Then clicked on <CONFIRM>

It goes into 'Verifying Ownership' then ....

I just get the message: "An error occurred, please try again later".

I've tried again later a few times and the same error message comes up each time.

Whether or not I am looking at the correct part of the V5C I can't be sure.  The details I am entering maybe incorrect, I just don't know.

If anyone has any experience of this and could help or maybe be more specific about what I should be entering it would be much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, HGUS said:

I would like to look at the Service History of my Lexus via the Lexus App.

In the App I'm presented with a 'VERIFY CAR' screen and I have to enter a 6-7 digit version code and a date of acquisition which it says are located on the V5C document.

I've got the V5C and am looking at the 'Vehicle details' section.

I presume that the 'Date of Acquisition' on the App is the 'Date of first registration' on the V5C.  I've entered that date.

There is a 'Version' number in the 'Vehicle details' section but it's a lot longer than the 6-7 digits the Lexus App is after.  I've tried entering the first 6 digits of the number and the last 6 digits of the number. Then clicked on <CONFIRM>

It goes into 'Verifying Ownership' then ....

I just get the message: "An error occurred, please try again later".

I've tried again later a few times and the same error message comes up each time.

Whether or not I am looking at the correct part of the V5C I can't be sure.  The details I am entering maybe incorrect, I just don't know.

If anyone has any experience of this and could help or maybe be more specific about what I should be entering it would be much appreciated.

Your Lucky you,ve Got this far ..I downloaded the app and it tells me its ready to go ie all set up But that's as far as it goes nothing seems to work  !!!!!! wish i had stuck to the old version..!!!!

6 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Your Lucky you,ve Got this far ..I downloaded the app and it tells me its ready to go ie all set up But that's as far as it goes nothing seems to work  !!!!!! wish i had stuck to the old version..!!!!

Hi Ron,  My App version is 4.18.0 (30183). I've never had another version and actually only installed the app recently, after seeing details about it on this forum and a very brief mention of it at my Lexus garage.  I haven't done much with the App other than enter my current Lexus into 'MY GARAGE'.  The first thing I've attempted to do is look at its 'Service History' and I am stuck.  There doesn't appear to be much on the App for me to look at!

OMG !!!  After the 5 millionth go I've done it.  WOW, that took some time!

If it helps anyone else this is what I did on the Lexus App's 'VERIFY CAR' screen:

1) 6-7 digit Version Code:  I got this from the '4. Vehicle details' section of my V5C.  I entered the first 6 digits from 'D.2 - Version'

2) Date of acquisition: I got this from the '4. Vehicle details' section of my V5C.  I entered the date from 'B - Date of first registration'

I had entered the above a number of times over a number of days but my persistence has finally paid off and this time it accepted what I entered without giving me any error messages.

I can now view my vehicles' Service History' on the Lexus App.

Phew 🤓

30 minutes ago, HGUS said:

OMG !!!  After the 5 millionth go I've done it.  WOW, that took some time!

If it helps anyone else this is what I did on the Lexus App's 'VERIFY CAR' screen:

1) 6-7 digit Version Code:  I got this from the '4. Vehicle details' section of my V5C.  I entered the first 6 digits from 'D.2 - Version'

2) Date of acquisition: I got this from the '4. Vehicle details' section of my V5C.  I entered the date from 'B - Date of first registration'

I had entered the above a number of times over a number of days but my persistence has finally paid off and this time it accepted what I entered without giving me any error messages.

I can now view my vehicles' Service History' on the Lexus App.

Phew 🤓

John.. This is strange.. Like yourself I have tried and tried to get it to work And finally phoned Toyoto,s number in the app spoke to a guy called Moses ( tech Guy ) who told me they were working on a patch regarding my lexus to enable lexus link+ to work.. He said they would be in touch next month with the link to Download the Patch which would then enable  me to use the functionality of the new app..So I have to go and re-install the old app to get all my info like i used to ..Do you think Moses has just come down of the Mountain  He says this patch is relevant to the functionality of my lexus Two steps forward and two steps back i would say   lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

John.. This is strange.. Like yourself I have tried and tried to get it to work And finally phoned Toyoto,s number in the app spoke to a guy called Moses ( tech Guy ) who told me they were working on a patch regarding my lexus to enable lexus link+ to work.. He said they would be in touch next month with the link to Download the Patch which would then enable  me to use the functionality of the new app..So I have to go and re-install the old app to get all my info like i used to ..Do you think Moses has just come down of the Mountain  He says this patch is relevant to the functionality of my lexus Two steps forward and two steps back i would say   lol

It could be:

1) that the 5 millionth attempt gets it to work.  If you ain't tried that many times then you've got no chance. 😉  

or

2) that the whole thing is flakey. 🤪

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, HGUS said:

It could be:

1) that the 5 millionth attempt gets it to work.  If you ain't tried that many times then you've got no chance. 😉  

or

2) that the whole thing is flakey. 🤪

Think I.ll Just Go Have a GIN & TONIC  Large one..lol

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links