Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lossing Power and don't rev

Dimmy08

Hello everyone,I'm new to Lexus make, bought it like 6 months ago and I have a issues with it

While driving sometimes engine is trying to stall out and then it's ok,not long time ago happened again but engine started shaking a bit and I pressed clutch, revved it but revs didn't go more up than 2-2.5k 

Egr valve was cleaned 2-3 months ago

I was thinking about fuel or some electronic issues, when connected to diagnostic tool no any errors appears

Anyone have any idea about it?

Thanks)

4 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Any warning lights showing?  I would expect the MIL light to be on which means there will be associated fault codes.

Nope, nothing,I even carry a little elm diagnostic tool with me and try to scan after it's happening and no errors 

Similar symptoms also pointed me to a much more serious issue when a common fault amongst many other vehicles manifested itself in a way which I had never experienced before. Somewhat unique to the IS220d it seems.

Without going into too much detail about my own situation, it sounds like you are also experiencing a lack of diesel.

The fault diagnosis rules dictate that you start simple, so following the advice of another user on here, I would recommend tackling these strange symptoms by cleaning the MAF sensor. It's the first piece of electronics which meet the air being taken in to the engine.

If you search this forum for "Clutch Judder", you'll see the post which also contains some quite accurate guidance. I feel no need to modify nor expand on it, so I simply point you there.

What mileage has the vehicle covered?

4 minutes ago, LexiconOfLove said:

Similar symptoms also pointed me to a much more serious issue when a common fault amongst many other vehicles manifested itself in a way which I had never experienced before. Somewhat unique to the IS220d it seems.

Without going into too much detail about my own situation, it sounds like you are also experiencing a lack of diesel.

The fault diagnosis rules dictate that you start simple, so following the advice of another user on here, I would recommend tackling these strange symptoms by cleaning the MAF sensor. It's the first piece of electronics which meet the air being taken in to the engine.

If you search this forum for "Clutch Judder", you'll see the post which also contains some quite accurate guidance. I feel no need to modify nor expand on it, so I simply point you there.

I thought about fuel filter

Btw,not any fuel smell after priming the system which I tried once

My car has like 127k+

It certainly could be filter related. The likelihood of that is a little slimmer since a variation of pressure in diesel supply at that point should either produce a warning light and/or code log, and in some cases limp mode until flow restored or restart.

However, variation in air flow due to false feedback readings to the IPDM or equivalent from the MAF sensor would not log codes or flash any lights/warnings. (applies to working/dirty MAF sensor).

14 minutes ago, LexiconOfLove said:

2 minutes ago, LexiconOfLove said:

It certainly could be filter related. The likelihood of that is a little slimmer since a variation of pressure in diesel supply at that point should either produce a warning light and/or code log, and in some cases limp mode until flow restored or restart.

However, variation in air flow due to false feedback readings to the IPDM or equivalent from the MAF sensor would not log codes or flash any lights/warnings. (applies to working/dirty MAF sensor).

Just a question? 

Can it be from failing flywheel? As when cold it does vibrate a bit if starting moving car on low revvs

I believe the MAF sensor is conveying false air flow level readings to the ECU. Resulting in the brief yet rapid cutting of normal diesel supply.

It is the job of this sensor to allow the ECU to calculate precise diesel delivery metering.

Any other car showing these symptoms would always worry me on a heavy mechanical failure concern.

Five minutes will see this cleaning process complete. And could transform the running of your car.

6 minutes ago, LexiconOfLove said:

This is what I tried to explain before.

Your symptoms (as mine, as many others) points to heavy mechanical clutch/DMF failure. This is why these unique-to-the-IS220d symptoms threw me for an hour or so.

1 minute ago, LexiconOfLove said:

I believe the MAF sensor is conveying false air flow level readings to the ECU. Resulting in the brief yet rapid cutting of normal diesel supply.

It is the job of this sensor to allow the ECU to calculate precise diesel delivery metering.

Any other car showing these symptoms would always worry me on a heavy mechanical failure concern.

Five minutes will see this cleaning process complete. And could transform the running of your car.

Got ya,I'll give a try and have response but will see how car behave meanwhile.

Thanks a lot for your feedback 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links