Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Worth buying a Lexus RX450h Euro 5 for living in London?

Good evening guys,

Me and my family are currently looking to purchase our first Lexus. We are looking to get a Lexus RX450h or a NX300h due to passenger persoanl needs.

Is it worth buying a Euro 5 RX450h for living in London, we are there very often, but with London and its joyous ULEZ restrictions, we wonder whether Euro 5 is a good thing to go for or if Euro 6 is the best way to go.

Also what's the general concensus of a 2013 RX450h against a 2014 NX300h, both Premier models. Any pros to one and cons to the other?

Many thanks guys

8 minutes ago, Imran Mirza said:

Good evening guys,

Me and my family are currently looking to purchase our first Lexus. We are looking to get a Lexus RX450h or a NX300h due to passenger persoanl needs.

Is it worth buying a Euro 5 RX450h for living in London, we are there very often, but with London and its joyous ULEZ restrictions, we wonder whether Euro 5 is a good thing to go for or if Euro 6 is the best way to go.

Also what's the general concensus of a 2013 RX450h against a 2014 NX300h, both Premier models. Any pros to one and cons to the other?

Many thanks guys

I’ve owned two NX and now an RX. For London use specifically I’d have an NX300h just because it’s smaller and easier to park / navigate through congestion. Quality is about the same - RX is superior but not by much - NX is just an easier thing in tighter spaces.

You won’t have any issues driving an euro 5 petrol hybrid car in London. 

At some point at had to choose between a 2014 RX Premier and an NX  2016, I choose the NX, much better to drive in terms of steering and more updated interior/ exterior. But go and test them both, only you can decide 

Thanks very much guys, this has been informative, another option we are looking at is the CT200h, due to how cheap it is to run and its ease of use. Also we are a smaller family now, so SUVs potentially aren't necessary, we've just always had large vehicles. Lots of research to do 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links