Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS600hL front DVD/CD changer - no audio

Hi,

This is my first post since returning to the forum - I sold my 1998 LS400 years ago (2011?) and replaced it with a Prius, then in 2016 I replaced that with a new Mini Clubman Cooper S.

Now I'm back as the new owner of a lovely 2008 LS600hL RSR, and I'm going through it fixing various issues. One of them is that I get no audio from the centre console DVD / CD changer. It can physically read the disks, I tested with a couple of DVDs and a CD. The DVD video plays on the screen (when parked) and I can operate the DVD menus. I can select tracks on the CD fine. The only thing missing is the sound.

The DVD player between the rear seats works, sound comes either through the speakers or headphones. The rear seat controls can also select the front DVD, and view the video on the screen in the roof. Again, there is no audio.

The FM/AM radio and the aux input all work fine and sound great.

I've pulled the head unit and everything looked like it was plugged in OK, I reseated all the connections anyway just in case.

Does anyone know if there's something I'm missing to enable the audio? The manual doesn't say anything on the topic, which is what LED me to believe I have a fault because it should "just work".

Is there anywhere I can get a wiring diagram for the car (without a subscription)?

Thanks

Jon

Well, amazingly enough I’ve fixed it. I noticed the aux in was a bit dodgy, only coming out of the right channel unless I held the cable just right. I unplugged my lead and the DVD audio started playing! I took the aux socket out of the car and dismantled it, it contained the broken off tip of someone’s 3.5mm jack plug. I cleaned it all up & reassembled it, it now all works great. Of course, I had to dismantle the centre console again when I finished because I forgot to plug in the radio aerials!

IMG_1575.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Niaz. Well, it’s going to the main dealer on Wednesday for a full service and sunroof replacement. The rubber seal has gone, and they only sell it as a complete unit with the glass.

It’s losing coolant slowly, so I need to track down the source of that. Also rather worryingly the left A pillar trim piece was soaking wet after all the rain we had today. Hoping it’s related to the sunroof seal but who knows.

Did a fruitless journey to High Wycombe today and got stuck in traffic on the M40. Did 4 miles in about an hour and a half. My passengers watched Hot Fuzz in the back seat. 😀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links