Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A set of five 17 inch standard rims for sale plus the tyres.

A few months ago I bought a very low mileage IS200 (27k) fitted with the std 17 inch diameter x 7 inch wide rims.  Since then (some are probably going to laugh now) I changed these for brand new 16 inch x 6.5 inch rims of a similar pattern.

Nothing wrong with the original rims- they're pretty much in as new condition with 3 little worn tyres plus 2 others that are perfectly serviceable (the MoT  tester didn't make any comments about the tyres 4 weeks ago).

I obviously don't need the old wheels hence this ad.

Asking what I think is a fair price- £500 for the set.  I will negotiate a bit but judging by what I've seen advertised on eBay for example these are cheap.

I'd prefer to sell as a job lot and you'll need to collect them but there's no hurry if you cannot pick them up soon.  The pictures show them on the car.  One has a very small scrape- nothing serious.

Regards

John

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

• 1 month later...

Cars have increased tyre sizes a lot, often unnecessarily, for the sake of aesthetics in the last two decades. Tyre sizes only seen in supercars are now fitted to Ford Fiestas, which is a bit silly.

Glad to see some people still see the value in having wheels that are one size down so you have more rubber cushioning the potholes and bumps. And save money on tyres too.

Good luck with the sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry mate, just to manage your expectations - these original wheels are not worth much. I have several sets of 17" wheels, be it for IS250 and people would not take them for free. So their cost is really symbolic. I can see them going around all year long on facebook market place for £50-100 and it doesn't seem like there is any interest.

My speculation would be - these cars are coming to the end of their life and gets scrapped, typical things that get recycled are wheels so there is shortage of cars and surplus of wheels. On older cars where alloys where optional people would replace steel wheels to alloys, but because ALL IS200 came with these alloys as standard there is simply no market for them.

So it is not like I want to drive your price or anything, or saying that they shouldn't be worth the money, it is just had multiple sets of Lexus wheels and I know they are unsellable. There are exceptions of course - 18" F-Sport from IS300h is £1000 any day of the week, IS-F wheels, GS-F wheels, all the "upgraded options", so if car had standard 17" and there was optional 18", those 18" will be worth something. But 17" are just not the wheels that sell. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links