Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is220d power loss

ryanb86

Hi 

I have a 2007 is220d and it seems to lose power for a few seconds and comes back, not good when in the outside lane.
I have seen various threads when googling this issue and having taken my EGR to clean it had already been capped off. Only had the car a few week so was wondering what my next step could be. Also would it be worth taking the cap off the EGR? 

thanks 

Hi Ryan and welcome to the best Lexus forum there is. I recommend you look in the IS gen 2 section of the forum. There's a shed load of threads on the 220d. 

I'd read the threads with EGR in the title before I did anything. A capped EGR can be a good thing but also bad. Read up before you do anything. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Ryan and welcome to the LOC.

If you bought from a car dealer take it back for repair under your consumer rights.

As Vlad mentions read the postings in the section mentioned.

Read the diagnostic codes for any potential causes, even if the EML is not lit there may be codes stored.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested in the techstream disk and cable, I have one unused and happy to sell it on cheap. I sold my lexus in the end

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links