Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More time in the dealer than on the road

6 hours ago, fourbanks said:

There are no Lexus dealers or employees in this forum don as far as I know

What I was getting at Nick is that even if they view the forums they have both a social media policy and a simple professional matter of principle that prevents them engaging a dispute where there is a very good chance it will develop into a brawl.  So in every case, even if they are clearly right, they have to push back and it isn’t fair.  If they are guilty they will keep quiet but a disgruntled customer that cannot or will not understand is free to say what they like.  

52 minutes ago, Don C said:

What I was getting at Nick is that even if they view the forums they have both a social media policy and a simple professional matter of principle that prevents them engaging a dispute where there is a very good chance it will develop into a brawl.  So in every case, even if they are clearly right, they have to push back and it isn’t fair.  If they are guilty they will keep quiet but a disgruntled customer that cannot or will not understand is free to say what they like.  

I see don, but at the end of the day my views are that Lexus staff aren't overall interested in customers, it's just a job after all. My local Kia dealer, which is a privately run family firm, have always run the business in the customer's interest so if a problem shows up it's dealt with asap or in my case over many years if I had a puncture they would send one of the staff out to my house within an hour. 

The manger for example would call in at Xmas with a card and a chat how am I doing, that sort of thing just some basic interest. Had Mitsubishi not gone bust, I would have stayed on. I was never a Kia fan as in the USA they always showed up with ongoing issues which put me off. 

Lexus or their staff are nowhere near the level of service I have had over the years and in my early days on the isle of wight Barry price, owner of price's garage was the very best iv'e ever encountered by a huge margin, and we became good friends. i had a shocking car at the time, the Austin princess 2.2 6 cylinder which always needed attention but Barry often working till 10pm still performed with a smile and never took advantage and ripped me off very often working on my car for free. 

3 hours ago, fourbanks said:

I see don, but at the end of the day my views are that Lexus staff aren't overall interested in customers, it's just a job after all. My local Kia dealer, which is a privately run family firm, have always run the business in the customer's interest so if a problem shows up it's dealt with asap or in my case over many years if I had a puncture they would send one of the staff out to my house within an hour. 

The manger for example would call in at Xmas with a card and a chat how am I doing, that sort of thing just some basic interest. Had Mitsubishi not gone bust, I would have stayed on. I was never a Kia fan as in the USA they always showed up with ongoing issues which put me off. 

Lexus or their staff are nowhere near the level of service I have had over the years and in my early days on the isle of wight Barry price, owner of price's garage was the very best iv'e ever encountered by a huge margin, and we became good friends. i had a shocking car at the time, the Austin princess 2.2 6 cylinder which always needed attention but Barry often working till 10pm still performed with a smile and never took advantage and ripped me off very often working on my car for free. 

I’ve always said you don’t need to sell a washer if your service is good, just do what you say you’ll do and phone when you say you will.   However, they all want the same thing, even Barry - your money, it’s just that some come across better than other.  You’ve done exactly the same as a few others and made a sweeping statement that Lexus don’t care when it’s just a few of the people in a few of their dealers.  I’ve had three Lexus, the second was returned after a month because of a dispute over the specification v the actual delivered product and the dealer not coming up with a suitable resolution.  Lexus launched an investigation into it but as a result I bought this UX elsewhere.  The dealer and the sale went very smoothly but I’m not naive, they want me back in 2 or 3 years and so do Lexus.  I was a manager of a lot of train drivers and experience taught me to never take anything at face value.  Gather all of the information and put it together before coming to a conclusion because there’s always two sides in any story and that applies more than anywhere when it comes to social media.  It can be a super place to exchange information or just have a chat with like minded people.  When there comes a dispute, I then drop into investigation mode.  I spent 29 years in the motor industry right up to being European Technical Sales Manager for original equipment sales and since leaving there and going to the railway, dealing with the most fickle component of all - people.   We can make some conclusions in any argument on this forum.  First, the Japanese are the masters of mass production no matter if it’s TVs, cameras or cars, nobody can beat them as long as the product is built by a Japanese person (they think differently than other nationalities).  Lexus take it up a notch and there’s a high probability that your car and my car left the factory in the same condition as the op car.   If one is claimed faulty I suspect two things, the car has been tampered with (accessories fitted) or the user doesn’t understand it.  That’s just probability, nothing else.  The next comes down to the account because then the human aspect comes into it and that’s where the down side comes in because then personalities come into it and for that you need both sides of the story.  Your experience isn’t the same as my experience so I don’t consider Lexus cheats or crooks and I certainly don’t suspect poor workmanship.  There’s a reason this story doesn’t stack up but we need more information.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Don C said:

I’ve always said you don’t need to sell a washer if your service is good, just do what you say you’ll do and phone when you say you will.   However, they all want the same thing, even Barry - your money, it’s just that some come across better than other.  You’ve done exactly the same as a few others and made a sweeping statement that Lexus don’t care when it’s just a few of the people in a few of their dealers.  I’ve had three Lexus, the second was returned after a month because of a dispute over the specification v the actual delivered product and the dealer not coming up with a suitable resolution.  Lexus launched an investigation into it but as a result I bought this UX elsewhere.  The dealer and the sale went very smoothly but I’m not naive, they want me back in 2 or 3 years and so do Lexus.  I was a manager of a lot of train drivers and experience taught me to never take anything at face value.  Gather all of the information and put it together before coming to a conclusion because there’s always two sides in any story and that applies more than anywhere when it comes to social media.  It can be a super place to exchange information or just have a chat with like minded people.  When there comes a dispute, I then drop into investigation mode.  I spent 29 years in the motor industry right up to being European Technical Sales Manager for original equipment sales and since leaving there and going to the railway, dealing with the most fickle component of all - people.   We can make some conclusions in any argument on this forum.  First, the Japanese are the masters of mass production no matter if it’s TVs, cameras or cars, nobody can beat them as long as the product is built by a Japanese person (they think differently than other nationalities).  Lexus take it up a notch and there’s a high probability that your car and my car left the factory in the same condition as the op car.   If one is claimed faulty I suspect two things, the car has been tampered with (accessories fitted) or the user doesn’t understand it.  That’s just probability, nothing else.  The next comes down to the account because then the human aspect comes into it and that’s where the down side comes in because then personalities come into it and for that you need both sides of the story.  Your experience isn’t the same as my experience so I don’t consider Lexus cheats or crooks and I certainly don’t suspect poor workmanship.  There’s a reason this story doesn’t stack up but we need more information.   

All I know is don if I were the chief executive of Lexus things would be very different by a long shot, and we would be UK's number one brand that's for sure 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links