Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi folks. 

just looking to swap my 2j n/a engine into my is200 shell, 

I've located a man to do the swap and he knows what he's talking about but he has a very expensive parts list that followed 😛 

i just want to see or hear peoples opinions that have done it and looking for sort of the do's and don'ts of the process. 

also looking to see where to pump money and where to save i know this sort of build isn't cheap as I'm looking to turbo it in the process whilst it is in with the mechanic. 

any help/advise greatly apricated. 

thank you. 

Have a search within the IS200 forum. Quite a few people have done this in the past, but it isn't something that gets mentioned these days - I guess the expense is too high, the money could be spend on a more modern vehicle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, callan121 said:

hi folks. 

just looking to swap my 2j n/a engine into my is200 shell, 

I've located a man to do the swap and he knows what he's talking about but he has a very expensive parts list that followed 😛 

i just want to see or hear peoples opinions that have done it and looking for sort of the do's and don'ts of the process. 

also looking to see where to pump money and where to save i know this sort of build isn't cheap as I'm looking to turbo it in the process whilst it is in with the mechanic. 

any help/advise greatly apricated. 

thank you. 

I hate to be that guy, but I'll be that guy.. why not just buy IS300? They're 3-4k. This swap seems straight forward because they came with a 2JZ from factory but it doesn't mean it's gonna be cheap, and arguably never gonna be as good as factory IS300. I'd rather just buy IS300 and eventually J160 swap it if you want manual, but putting 2JZ in an is200 doesn't make much sense financially IF you can't do the swap yourself on the drive with your mates.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 8:57 AM, ColinBarber said:

Have a search within the IS200 forum. Quite a few people have done this in the past, but it isn't something that gets mentioned these days - I guess the expense is too high, the money could be spend on a more modern vehicle.

Yeah I know mate you’re completely right, but being from Ireland the prices of cars of similar builds is extortionate, everything is absolute mental money. not to mention insuring them in this country. But thanks for the comment and I’ll have a look now. 

thank you. 

On 10/20/2023 at 2:23 PM, H3XME said:

I hate to be that guy, but I'll be that guy.. why not just buy IS300? They're 3-4k. This swap seems straight forward because they came with a 2JZ from factory but it doesn't mean it's gonna be cheap, and arguably never gonna be as good as factory IS300. I'd rather just buy IS300 and eventually J160 swap it if you want manual, but putting 2JZ in an is200 doesn't make much sense financially IF you can't do the swap yourself on the drive with your mates.

Yes mate I understand completely where your coming from, 

due to living in Ireland the price of an standard is200 that has been abused and ragged out on is extortionate. For example an average is200 with 150k-160k miles with a bit of a kit on are priced anywhere between €4K-€6k. 

finding an is300 saloon that’s clean and on Irish plates is like hens teeth and the people selling them know this which is why they price them at moon prices. 

4K/5k would get you an is300 in NI or England but now with the government F**king us over the price to vrt and put them on Irish plates would be massive money and unaffordable. 

I bought the is200 4/5 years ago back when they where selling for what they are worth and initially that was the plan to do the swap myself in the garage in my own time and for the experience. But due to circumstances out of our control we’ve had to move house and lost our garage/yard space so now it was either sell up or take it to someone that would complete the swap for me and get it back on the road with little to no issues. 

I understand it’s mad in the head to be taking on with a project like this especially with the sheer price of everything at the moment but what else do I buy? Everything here is through the roof. Looked today and €7000 will get you a pretty much standard is200 with a bit of a lip kit around it, 

thanks for your reply 

2 minutes ago, callan121 said:

For example an average is200 with 150k-160k miles with a bit of a kit on are priced anywhere between €4K-€6k. 

I see.. Hmm then do it I suppose but it won't be cheap. 

How about IS250? I'll be selling mine soon. 84k, manual, 06, factory lsd, BC coils and other stuff. Next best thing after is200 and better engine. 

IMG_0249.jpeg

IMG_0239.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, H3XME said:

I see.. Hmm then do it I suppose but it won't be cheap. 

How about IS250? I'll be selling mine soon. 84k, manual, 06, factory lsd, BC coils and other stuff. Next best thing after is200 and better engine. 

IMG_0249.jpeg

IMG_0239.jpeg

This was meant to be a topic to help me not help you sell your car 😂 

savage looking mate! Love the colour! Love the shape of them is250s 

would love it only once again it’d be an absolute fortune to vrt 👎🏻 

but it’s savage mate honestly! How long have you had it? 

I’ll take the wheels but that’d be it 👀😂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, callan121 said:

This was meant to be a topic to help me not help you sell your car 😂 

savage looking mate! Love the colour! Love the shape of them is250s 

would love it only once again it’d be an absolute fortune to vrt 👎🏻 

but it’s savage mate honestly! How long have you had it? 

I’ll take the wheels but that’d be it 👀😂 

God loves a trier 🤣 

I've had 3 now. This one I only had since November last year as I needed daily after getting a 300ZX. 

This one needed a lot of work as it was a bit neglected, so now it looks like this. Just wanna sell it after I treat the underside and get a head unit so I can buy a JZX100 again.

Thanks dude. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links