Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In the early part of summer we had to drive from Norwich to Scunthorpe.

Filling the car at the end of the journey we found that we had covered 300 miles on 35 litres of fuel.

That worked out at over 38 mpg - which thrilled my Scottish heart! 

What is the best economy you've had?

14 minutes ago, OldStoat said:

In the early part of summer we had to drive from Norwich to Scunthorpe.

Filling the car at the end of the journey we found that we had covered 300 miles on 35 litres of fuel.

That worked out at over 38 mpg - which thrilled my Scottish heart! 

What is the best economy you've had?

I also travelled from Norwich to Scunthorpe using absolutely no petrol. I can tell you keeping the tension right on the siphoning tubing was a real challenge.

• Haha 5

Last time I drove to France I averaged 40 mpg for the trip. Usual around town is about 30, with longer runs averaging 35-40.

A lot depends on speed, and I find that 60-65 mph gives me the best mpg. Petrol makes a difference too, with premium giving me aroud 3-5 mpg more. Best fuel I've found for mpg is Esso premium, and worst Sainsbury's.

On my 4ltr V8  1991  Ls400 last week and over 812 miles in 5 days 

….. motorway speeds and with full-stop Qs on and off all the way from Kent to north Wales …… and back …… with Snowdon mountain track roads, hills and valleys, towns and down to the new 20mph speed camera hitting villages …… I averaged 28.4 mpg 

pretty good for an elderly 4 ltr V8 eh ! 😄👍

Malc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

On my 4ltr V8  1991  Ls400 last week and over 812 miles in 5 days 

….. motorway speeds and with full-stop Qs on and off all the way from Kent to north Wales …… and back …… with Snowdon mountain track roads, hills and valleys, towns and down to the new 20mph speed camera hitting villages …… I averaged 28.4 mpg 

pretty good for an elderly 4 ltr V8 eh ! 😄👍

Malc 

"pretty good for an elderly 4 ltr V8 eh ! "

Car didn't do badly either. 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links