Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link app to Lexus Link+ app

Oh why did I bother?

I only really used the old app for sharing routes to the car, I can't even do that now!
Can't go back to the old app, tried that, it just insists I use the new utterly useless app+

This, with all the new NX woes (glad I didn't buy one) the premium brand reliable brand from Toyota has really lost its way in my opinion.
Very disappointed.

That is all, rant over, thanks for reading. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Al D-Much said:

Oh why did I bother?

I only really used the old app for sharing routes to the car, I can't even do that now!
Can't go back to the old app, tried that, it just insists I use the new utterly useless app+

This, with all the new NX woes (glad I didn't buy one) the premium brand reliable brand from Toyota has really lost its way in my opinion.
Very disappointed.

That is all, rant over, thanks for reading. 

Totally agree with you.  I just "upgraded too and lost that ability, as well as the ability to change some vehicle settings, and the 12V Battery status is no long there.  They have been replaced with a load of irrelevant settings (for me) for BEVs.

Combined with the CANbus security issues, it seems like things are going south quite rapidly.  Total lack of software testing is amateurish. 

• Like 1

You're worrying me. I had no problems with the original app, until my car was serviced last month. Since then I've had a few 'profile not synced' messages but not so many that I felt the need to complain. I had tried the new app but I got a message saying that my email address wasn’t recognised. Hence, I was happy to stick with the old app but today, like others, I got the message to upgrade. I've already gone one step backwards with the software and it sounds like I might go back several more very soon 😞

• Like 1

Had to change like others and all went well eventually, but do not use any of the remote features. One change I have noticed is that recalls are now shown in the service record as repairs. Thought old app showed the actual recall and it's reference number. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Husky125 said:

Had to change like others and all went well eventually, but do not use any of the remote features. One change I have noticed is that recalls are now shown in the service record as repairs. Thought old app showed the actual recall and it's reference number. 

In true Meatball fashion -“you took the words right out of my mouth”

Well from my fingertips, I was just about to post the same observation, ‘recalls’ are shown as ‘repairs’ with no further definition. Hopefully this will be corrected shortly since this section could hinder a potential future sale.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links