Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LEXUS IS 250 2010 Power steering light

Hello all

I recently started having power steering light ont he dash and the steering is rock hard. If i try to turn the wheel, it eventually kicks in but i have to force it evertime and the powersteering light goes off as well. This started happening after i drove the car in a very wet road condition and going through a puddle of water on a roundabout. Has anyone had similiar issue and how did you fix it. Thanks in advance

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Replying back on my own thread, After sorting out the issue. It ended up being electronic power steering motor. The issue came about because of water getting inside the power steering rack and pinion?? Because the rack boots had been torn and started deteriorating over time. Mine was a 2010 plate. It ended up me getting a used electric power steering motor, the rubber rack boot and a really good mechanic to put this all together. Rough cost around 700 pounds, this includes the car wheel alignment cost from the local garage as well. Hopefully it helps somebody.  The diagnostics fault code was C1532 - steering module ECU failure or power steering motor weld failure ( i.e internal motor failure )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links