Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES300h Prem/Pack to AWD LS500h Premier

SH20

Finally achieved my wish to own a LS500h but with no regrets at all with my 3 ES300's over recent years.   There is a post in the LS Forum and a member has added the YouTube video of the actual car I have acquired if anyone is interested.   Only realised it was the car I am collecting next week because of the conventional number plate which appears from time to time in the video.

• Like 1

Congratulations! That interior quality looks second to none. Couple of questions; have you been immunizing your cars against the canbus thefts, which method if yes? Any further details on the new acquisition, mileage, price... if you don't mind sharing?

I'm trying to not think too deeply about the security of the LS and don't know for sure if the Can buss is something the LS is a known target vehicle.   All Lexus approved vehicles are overpriced in my opinion and are regularly £3K+  above the retail industry valuation guides such as Black Cap and Glasses Guide.  Equally all Lexus dealers want your car for Average or Good Condition  prices and never ever do they offer retail even though they sell well above retail after they take your car in if it's age is young enough to warranty putting on their forecourt.

I finally received £3K more over the original first offer for my car but it was hard work.   They will have amended their asking price rather than have my car go though their books at above retail.   The LS has done 32K miles over 6 years and was registered 1.12.17 albeit it was the 2018 model car.  It has the standard 20 inch polished wheel rims and need special repair to outside suppliers if they get damaged unlike ordinary painted alloy wheels.  I'm taking tyre cover out as the LS has run flat tyres and for £275 for a 3 year policy you get unlimited punctures and 5 new tyres if they can't be repaired.  However, with a £300 max limit to a new tyre and the tyre must have over 2mm of tread otherwise it is classed as in need of a new one anyway. 

I do use a wheel clamp, even on my drive, but that is only a visual thing because if it's targeted they will get it somehow.

For the second time though I find myself with a space saver spare wheel and the replacement Lexus tool tray that is needed if you have a space saver.    I'm not leaving these in the ES as I would prefer to try and sell them to an ES owner.  I did that last time and a member bought them.   I have the genuine Lexus boot liner which only came back out as an accessory a few months ago and although it won't be a direct fit in a LS I'm sure it will suffice.   Looking forward to owning it but not the weeks work it will take to machine polish the paintwork.  The paint is fine on the LS but I will detail the car and correct the paint  because that's what I do on any car, new or used. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links