Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty on purchase of used car

Hi,

I have recently purchased 2017 NX 300h Luxury with 15K miles done, am i covered with Lexus warranty of 10 Years and 100K miles?

Do I need to buy any additional warranty? if yes, can you please suggest which one shoudl I go for?

Thanks

Nikhil

Congratulations Nikhil on your purchase and happy motoring. Provided you get your NX serviced by a Lexus dealership annually or at 10000 mile intervals you will have warranty cover until 2027 (the 10th anniversary of the vehicle) or 100000 miles (whatever comes first).

• Like 2

Thanks Ken, I checked the service log book and last owner missed 1 service as there was not much milage done and last service was done at Arnold Clark so I am not sure if I am still covered with 10 Year Lexus warranty 😞

18 minutes ago, Nikhil Kumar said:

Thanks Ken, I checked the service log book and last owner missed 1 service as there was not much milage done and last service was done at Arnold Clark so I am not sure if I am still covered with 10 Year Lexus warranty 😞

You can restart it if you get it serviced by Lexus again. They won't cover any faults found at the first service (you'll need to pay to fix those) but you'll then get cover for another 10k miles/12 months. And as long as you service at Lexus every future service on time, you'll continue to benefit from the warranty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply,

just asking for your opinion, do I need any external warranty for my car as the seller has sold me an additional 3 year of warranty for 1600 bucks which I can cancel if not required within 14 days.

I'd suggest that you ring your local dealer and ask them how to handle this.  Ask them if you brought the car in for a service this week, would they service it and therefore give you a year's warranty.

If they agree, take it straight in, get it serviced, and cancel the warranty that it was sold with. This is probably the cheapest way of getting it covered, and Lexus warranty is probably more extensive than the one you've been sold.  Then get Lexus to do your services at least until you sell it, or it reaches 10 years/100000 miles.

Well, that's my opinion, anyway!

: o )

Oh, and maybe think about gap insurance with some of the loot you'd get back!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Nikhil Kumar said:

Thanks for your reply,

just asking for your opinion, do I need any external warranty for my car as the seller has sold me an additional 3 year of warranty for 1600 bucks which I can cancel if not required within 14 days.

Probably not. As suggested, get it straight in for a service, if no issues then cancel your warranty and get a refund. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nikhil Kumar said:

as the seller has sold me an additional 3 year of warranty for 1600 bucks

Have you read the small print?  In my experience these after-market warranties sometimes/often aren't worth the paper they're written on.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 11:35 PM, Nikhil Kumar said:

Thanks for your reply,

Personally.... i would go for the Lexus Dealership Warranty over the Warranty you have purchased from the garage you bought your car from....Even Better if you can get this money back.. But be quick.. Garages are not keen to refund Warranty Money... Check the Small Print.. Could be your Stuck with it..However the ideal warranty is always always going to be with Lexus....My opinion only of course..!!

• Like 1

I would agree, bin the third pary warranty and get the car checked over and serviced by Lexus and get their warranty. If Lexus find any issues then they're the responsibility of the selling dealer to resolve in the first 6 months, warranty or not.

That £1600 saved on the third party warranty will probably get you a 3/4 year service plan, and accompanying Lexus warranty with your local Lexus dealer.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links