Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX MY 2024

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Calba1263 said:

UX 300h on the Lexus USA site:

UX 300h

Their back door kick sensor has reappeared.  I wonder if ours will.  

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:45 AM, Don C said:

Their back door kick sensor has reappeared.  I wonder if ours will.  

Yes it will and all 4 doors get smart entry.  Both side mirrors will be electrochromic.

10 hours ago, stepppy said:

Great changes, but still seems odd there are physical “facelift” changes, not even new alloys. 

Not sure now how far a second generation is …

It’s more of a mid life refresh and in this case it is more to accommodate the new drivetrain.  I think it has to come because currently they have the V4 in our UX and the quite different V5 in the Toyota products - it makes no sense.  The electronic gear stub goes with the new powertrain so that’s an obvious change and then throw in the other bits and bobs.  The media slate its AWD capabilities in the snow so it will be interesting to see how it fares with the heavily upgraded rear motor.  I’m suitably seduced by the spec to be interested in upgrading.  

1 hour ago, Don C said:

... I’m suitably seduced by the spec to be interested in upgrading.  

That's interesting seeing as you have the 'latest' at the moment model.

Think I would be happier knowing that I would have two years before a second generation was on the horizon, just don't want to jump (after dithering for so long) only for a second generation to appear next year... hopefully pretty unlikely 🤔

They say Q2, so I will have to wait and see how I feel about it then...

57 minutes ago, stepppy said:

That's interesting seeing as you have the 'latest' at the moment model.

Think I would be happier knowing that I would have two years before a second generation was on the horizon, just don't want to jump (after dithering for so long) only for a second generation to appear next year... hopefully pretty unlikely 🤔

They say Q2, so I will have to wait and see how I feel about it then...

Yes, they will be working on a replacement for sure and being daft as a brush when it comes to cars I might be interested in that too but you’re a long time dead so what the heck!

• Haha 1

Just now, Don C said:

Yes, they will be working on a replacement for sure and being daft as a brush when it comes to cars I might be interested in that too but you’re a long time dead so what the heck!

Or as my friend lovingly puts it, "No pockets in shrouds" 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The C-HR will get a plug-in hybrid option later in the year, I wonder if they will do the same for the UX.

I think that will come with the next model as it needs some bodywork alterations.  

The car is announced all over the world along with relevant publicity materials but not a peep here.  Heaven forbid that Lexus UK should sell a few remaining 250h’s cheap.  

• Sad 1

I suppose they are pretty cheap for a decent, if boring and slow, car. I can't honestly see any attraction in them. I suppose it's a matter of taste and practicality.

Lexus UX  2.0 250H PREMIUM 5d 108 BHP

• 68,782 miles
  • 2019 (19 reg)
  • Automatic
  • Petrol Hybrid    £14,790
  • Image 3 of 15

I prefer this one for similar money - maintenance costs a nightmare though.

Porsche Cayenne 3.0h V6 S TiptronicS 4WD Euro 5 (s/s) 5dr

• 120,000 miles
  • 2014 (14 reg)
  • Automatic
  • Petrol Hybrid   £14,995
  • 0-62mph6.50 seconds
  • Top Speed150 mph
  • Cylinders6
  • Valves24
  • Engine power375 bhp
  • Image 7 of 62

• Sad 1

I don't find the UX boring, nor particularly slow. Certainly aren't cheap when compared to similar sized vehicles of the same year. I suppose it's down to personal opinions. There is certainly a good deal of anti UX feeling on this site. I can't wait until the LBX is out there so we can see what the Naysayers can dredge up over that one!

I never hear the comment that the NX is actually a RAV4!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GMB said:

I suppose they are pretty cheap for a decent, if boring and slow, car. I can't honestly see any attraction in them. I suppose it's a matter of taste and practicality.

• 68,782 miles
  • 2019 (19 reg)
  • Automatic
  • Image 3 of 15

• 120,000 miles
  • 2014 (14 reg)
  • Automatic
  • 0-62mph6.50 seconds
  • Top Speed150 mph
  • Cylinders6
  • Valves24
  • Engine power375 bhp
  • Image 7 of 62

I wouldn’t pay much attention to this guy who describes his cars as a grey one and a red one, many people would be very happy with the performance and dimensions as a city car.

(what’s with the 108bhp ?)

I’ll be very interested when we see the updated car in the UK………….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GMB said:

• 68,782 miles
  • 2019 (19 reg)
  • Automatic
  • Image 3 of 15

• 120,000 miles
  • 2014 (14 reg)
  • Automatic
  • 0-62mph6.50 seconds
  • Top Speed150 mph
  • Cylinders6
  • Valves24
  • Engine power375 bhp
  • Image 7 of 62

That’s a ticking bomb.  Good luck.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Don C said:

That’s a ticking bomb.  Good luck.

Very true. You would need a lot of faith and deep wallets to buy the Porsche. It's just that the old UX is so dull. Sorry to offend but I got a courtesy car UX and could not wait to get my grey one back.  Not a bad car, just not for me.

4 hours ago, RuxFord said:

a grey one and a red one

Don't give too much information on t'internet, it's not a safe place.

49 minutes ago, GMB said:

Very true. You would need a lot of faith and deep wallets to buy the Porsche. It's just that the old UX is so dull. Sorry to offend but I got a courtesy car UX and could not wait to get my grey one back.  Not a bad car, just not for me.

Don't give too much information on t'internet, it's not a safe place.

Does GMB stand for 'Grey Metal Box' then?

Also, unless you have a particularly rare model, I don't think identifying the type of car one drives really gives much away. Up to you of course as it's a free country, allegedly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

Does GMB stand for 'Grey Metal Box' then?

Also, unless you have a particularly rare model, I don't think identifying the type of car one drives really gives much away. Up to you of course as it's a free country, allegedly!

Hi Charlie,

I used to work for an international computer security company and we were actually banned from being on facebook and the like. As a bit of friendly advice, be careful what information you put on the internet. If you must reveal information put mistakes in it.  GMB stands for whatever you want it to. You would be amazed what metadata is contained in your input.

The only thing I can reveal to you is that I do not have a cobbled driveway.

Actually grey metal box is not that far from the truth😗  Have a lovely evening.

• Confused 1

I wish I had a cobbled driveway, this tarmac keeps turning green at this time of year.

Could I ask that you don't call me Charlie please? My mother is spinning in her grave. Ironically my daughter has called my grandson Charlie, much to my chagrin.

OK Charles, sorry about the faux pas! No problem.. All the best. If you need any information on cobbled driveways Stephen is your man. ( Boomer54 ) He has a nice one although we all take the mickey sometimes just because we are jealous.😉

11 minutes ago, Don C said:

Shall we stick to MY24 (25 actually) related subjects?

That's where we started Don, went off on a tangent and now feel that Big Brother is breathing down my neck. I was very wary driving my boring UX on the boring school run today as those spy satellites are everywhere.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2024 at 8:51 AM, Don C said:

The car is announced all over the world along with relevant publicity materials but not a peep here.  Heaven forbid that Lexus UK should sell a few remaining 250h’s cheap.  

it's 3 months since Lexus USA's announcement, yet Lexus UK's silence remains deafening... 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links