Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Imported ISF

Headers are where the bottleneck is on these. Changing the exhaust alone is almost all for sound. There may be a slight increase, but the bottleneck upfront restricts any gains the exhaust can offer.

2 minutes ago, jeffrosie6 said:

Love to do headers at some point, but costs are prohibitive...

Definitely. I got extremely lucky. Found a set of new RHD headers in the same State whilst I was I'm California. I flew back with them lol.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:55 AM, GMB said:

Wow! Is that complicated or what?  It looks like the Tuba section of an orchestra on steroids. I googled this system and it sounds nice but not much different from any other aftermarket system really. Big price difference from the H&S catback system which sounds very nice.  I wonder if you get a performance benefit as well as the nice sound? I think the H&S gives a couple of extra horses by breathing better, but not a lot .

BTW   - where's the rust? 

When the exhaust system is looped like that, it usually results in a nice low grunt when pootling around but on full throttle it turns into a loud roar. 

Anyone here remember the sound of the bog standard Morris Minor exhaust. It had an awful toneless deep rasp followed by the loud belch on the overrun. I had a 1966 1098cc AH sprite that had a bit of tuning and a straight through exhaust. It was known at work as the farting pig. My boss knew I was a good timekeeper as he could always hear me coming from about half a mile away.

So refitted my std multimedia back in as I couldn't find anything with the same type of plugs as in mine - so stuck with it for now. At least I can still drive the car. The Multimedia fitted to my car car also has a built in hard drive - so extra plugs and also the obligatory Japanese TV!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone running Carplay/AndroidAuto infotainment systems in their car?

Want advice as to which one to buy. 

Pic of the rear of the original unit from my car for information 

20240315_062747.jpg

Been looking under the car and its fitted with Red anti-roll bars.

Any ideas on what brand they could be?

And it's also fitted with a panel filter, probably Blitz as it's blue in colour and similar construction as a K&N.20240329_124442.thumb.jpg.8139994b3fd5f12ccc5b66054f539687.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 9:55 PM, DamianLEX said:

Thanks to Damian for the help in pointing out the headunit that will work in my car.

But I've decided to hold on for a while and investigate the compatibility of an Android unit as the money is pretty much the same and the display brings the interior uptodate.

3 hours ago, jeffrosie6 said:

Also bought a Nextbase dashcam.

Brought the wires down the passenger side to the fusebox. But which would be the best fuse that goes off to install it to?

I'll check tomorrow for you. I have the same camera and I'll find the exact fuse. To use the fuse board in the passenger side foot well, with the piggyback fuse thingy, you'll lose the ability to put the cover back on. It is however the best fuse to jump as it comes on perfectly every time, when it should.

I was going to buy a spare cover and cut the appropriate hole to allow the piggyback connector to sit through. I'm sure there's a hardwire option, but I don't want to splice into the OEM loom.

20240408_130932.thumb.jpg.100fe0a40dc503f3e517716ba07d2eea.jpgBeen looking at the exhaust system fitted. Noticed a name late underneath, so cleaned it and found the exhaust system (from manifold back) is made by Zees 

Supposed to be a good brand and give good power increase. 

So finally my V5 arrived today and car has done first 50 miles around Swansea.

Very comfortable ride on E12 suspension. I would say it dampens very similar to our 2015 is250 f sport which is fine too. Nothing harsh at all.

The titanium exhaust, as expected is something different to all V8's I have had before. Nice and deep, no drone at all at any speed or RPM's (particularly tested around 2k rpm you all know why). On full throttle additionally to v8 scream it's getting some sort of metallic(?) rasp. Absolute heaven. 

The car is very solid, no knocks, seat heating stronger than in IS mk3. 

Cruise control has limit of 70mph. Top speed untested yet as it's raining today. 

RR Racing brakes are in a different league as expected (hence price?).

At first I thought wind deflectors are aftermarket but saw Lexus logo on them today so they must have been factory fitted. They sit tight.

Comparing to my ex RCF:

-engine and gearbox are like same, no eco mode in ISF, sport button on steering wheel which is tempting to press all the time.

- exterior RCF wins all day because it is fresh looking coupe and people notice it a lot, head turner.

I believe RCF lights are stronger/better due to LED technology. ISF is a sleeper which is important to me and big positive.

- interior I prefer in ISF including seats and simple in use touchscreen. Touchpad in RCF or joystick in IS mk3 are both a joke and I avoided them like a plague. Definitely more space at the rear, kids jump in and out no problem. They said ISF is comfortable for them there and better seating position that RCF. It also has a sunroof so something new for me.

Bad bits(not the car itself) : so far I can only complain about the insurance. I did spend 5 hours on phone trying to get quotes. No main insurers as they cannot see this car (maybe need to wait few weeks for updated database). For 2014 they only recognise 250 or 300h versions and that's it. The same with comparison sites, ISF's up to 2013 only so cannot go any further than main site. Registration number not recognised yet on their websites.

I got 3 quotes at the end.

The most expensive Adrian Flux £1720 which I laughed at.

The cheapest I got and went for was from japcover.co.uk £899. 

Maybe there are some cheaper quotes around but I went with them as could not hesitate a second longer after seeing this car on my driveway for the last 6 weeks!

I quickly started a quote for my ex RCF just to see what would it be and cheapest was £1105 from Admiral  (was £680 in March 2023). I know they are different cars but in current conditions it seems a bit sweeter for ISF (£320 tax + £899 insurance compared to £695 and £1105 for RCF).

PS There was a £905 quote for RCF but it was "Admiral Little Box"... I still cannot stop laughing :)

Just a quick question to other ISF users: when you play in manual mode what is a RPM cut off? I can go to 7100-7200 so not sure if others have same or not.

I was just wondering if Japanese owner bought brakes only or remapped it too with RR.

Sounds like it has been played with. Mine is tuned to 7200. I get the shift beep (hasn't been moved), then a little bit of time before the limiter.

One thing I would do is ask RR as they should have the VIN of the car, as the hand held flash device is programmed to run on its respective car (when you buy it from them). If you don't have it, you'll need advice on how to either change the tune or reset it (should you wish), without bricking the ECU.

You may even have headers and engine mounts!

• Thanks 1

I tested mine today in sport mode and it shifts at 6800 every time. Only in manual I revs to around 7100 so I don't know. In manual you can go to 6800 max?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links