Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Said No So Improvise

OCD I know but lack of winter mats and mud flaps is probably due to sales of around  100 new  LS500h's a year in the UK so why bother producing rubber winter mats and mud flaps for such low numbers.   Had a think and transferred my ES300 front winter rubber mats, No modification to the driver's mat but heavily modified the passenger mat due to the bulge in the transmission tunnel for the transfer box.   Had a spare pair of Toyota CHR rear winter mats which will do the job.    Modified a pair of ES300 rear mudflaps to fit and bought a pair of generic fit front mud flaps. 

All help to keep the filthy weather at bay till Spring arrives.

Passenger Front.jpg

Driver Front Mat.jpg

Rear Mat.jpg

Rear Flap.jpg

Front Flap.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SH20 said:

probably due to sales of around  100 new  LS500h's a year in the UK

Nahhh!   I've attached Lexus's sales figures.   It's been a long time since they sold more than 100 LSs in a year.

So far this year, up to November, the figure is 8.  I wish that they'd do a bit better.

Lexus-UK-Sales-Figures-November-2022.pdf

• Like 1

My error, I was quoting the Car and Driving YouTube Reviewer who did the review of my LS500 which was Lexus's Press Car back in 2017.   He was quoting figs for Mercedes S class, 2,500 units on average each year compared to around 100 LS500h's.    He was probably told by Lexus how many they averaged.    

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

figs for Mercedes S class, 2,500 units on average each year compared to around 100 LS500h's.      

Blimey that is a lot of people making the wrong choice.  I should know having a mate with two S classes (one of them normally needing something done to it) and me with an E class (which is an S class with less to go wrong).

I am not sure the 500 is ever going to be on my list - it just looks too 'not right' on the front end - I keep looking at LS460's on eBay, but for the mo lets see how my E350 goes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links