Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aspiring LC500 owner - Advice needed!

Hello Everyone,

Ever since the LC500 first came out I’ve been saving to buy one and with a recent work Xmas bonus I now have enough savings to stretch to £60k. I plan to own and enjoy it  for many years to come  so want to make sure I get a good one without issues or things I regret it’s missing.

I wanted to ask members advice what are the recommended or “must have” options?

I’ve seen this one one listed on autotrader with relatively low mileage and 1 owner since new. Any flags on this one or key extras  it’s missing?

It’s a Sport and not a Sport+ version, I’m not sure how much of a difference members make of this ? 

It has the sports package which includes sports seats. Could anyone share are these sports seats firmer and less comfortable than the regular seats? I’m all about comfort so not sure if I will regret the driver experience being a lot firmer as a result. 

They don’t mention it has a HUD, I’m not sure how useful members view this feature ? I’ve had it on other cars and found it more gimmicky than useful. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202310213215047

I want To buy a great example and don’t mind waiting if there are some red flags on this one?

any advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Adam 

29 minutes ago, AdamN said:

They don’t mention it has a HUD, I’m not sure how useful members view this feature ? I’ve had it on other cars and found it more gimmicky than useful. 

It doesn’t have a hud.

I guess the price is ok given the mileage but don’t think you need it to be that way. These cars are ultra reliable so a little more mileage won’t hurt. 

48 minutes ago, AdamN said:

It has the sports package which includes sports seats. Could anyone share are these sports seats firmer and less comfortable than the regular seats? I’m all about comfort so not sure if I will regret the driver experience being a lot firmer as a result. 

The difference, other than material and adjustable headrest on standard seats, is the sport seats have larger bolsters for better support when cornering. I believe the stiffness of the main seat cushions is the same. 

• Like 1

Interesting question, and I wonder if this might help:

Models by type and number registered

As you'll see, the LC500 sport plus is the most registered version. Having said that, your preference for comfort (same as mine) would be met by any model, given you can dial down the suspension settings for a comfort or sports setting. Frankly I cannot tell the difference in mine whereas those same settings also affect engine performance with a world of difference between the various user selections ranging from ECO, COMFORT, NORMAL, SPORT and SPORT+.

As for HUD, it often goes hand in hand with the Mark Levison sound system. A little unusually I have HUD but no ML, and frankly I'm not too sure what I am missing, but others will surely chime in and advise.

Personally I would say the differences from base to full fat are not that great but if you are looking for the ultimate the LC can offer, then it's the sport plus you need to consider BUT you will not miss what you never had in any model.

Good luck in your search and as the photographs would suggest, the LC in red is simply stunning and for my money I would give that model serious consideration, albeit I would think a price tag nearer £50K would be more appropriate.

• Like 1

Thank you Gents, that’s super helpful! The atomic red is an incredible colour and the one I’m holding out for! I may have some more questions in my search and look forward to posting some photos once I finally get one! 

• Like 2

Apart from sport plus (rear wheel steer etc)or sport there are only two options - the mark levinson 13 speaker stereo to replace the standard 12 speaker pioneer, plus a HUD which also comes with keyless entry I think. Everything else is standard.

Seats vs sports seats - hardly any difference other than a tiny bit more side support on the sports seats. It’s a Lexus so it’s nowhere near an AMG sports seat in terms of comfort - mines got sports seats and they’re genuinely the most comfortable seats I’ve had.

Do bear in mind the ten year warranty - as far as I know you could buy privately or from a non Lexus dealer, put the car into Lexus for a service and get another twelve months warranty on it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links