Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h Power Tailgate Problem

The tailgate works fine on the remote, but won't manually open using the latch button.

When opening and closing on the remote, I can't hear the tailgate lock operating.

Before I start removing the tailgate panel to check, is there anything others have come across that may be the problem.

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2024 at 5:27 PM, Ridgeback said:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'll check it out in the morning, and see if this is the issue.

Best regards

Hi mate, did you resolve this? I'm having the same issue, the boot won't open only when using the manual button. The key fob and interior button work fine 

I bought this item number 393691189056 from eBay

I was a bit dubious with an aftermarket part, but it fitted and worked a treat.

I dread to think what the OEM price is.

Takes about 30 mins to fit.

Remove the back panel, there a 4 x 10mm nuts holding the lock assembly/number plate light unit, you can get to them quite easily through the gaps in the rear door

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ridgeback said:

I bought this item number 393691189056 from Ebay

I was a bit dubious with an aftermarket part, but it fitted and worked a treat.

I dread to think what the OEM price is.

Takes about 30 mins to fit.

Remove the back panel, there a 4 x 10mm nuts holding the lock assembly/number plate light unit, you can get to them quite easily through the gaps in the rear door

Many thanks, will try this

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links