Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX Trade in against a new LBX

25 minutes ago, cur666 said:

OMG.....that's £6250 a month loss....surely that's not right....have you tried a valuation from Webuyanycar ?

Not yet, they have a mobile site at one of the supermarket carparks that is local and was going to pop over and then they can see the car and have a chat with them and see what happens.

7 minutes ago, stevewagster said:

Not yet, they have a mobile site at one of the supermarket carparks that is local and was going to pop over and then they can see the car and have a chat with them and see what happens.

It's really easy to get a valuation using their app...takes minutes...just tell the truth, and you'll get what they say...I've sold two cars to them...was brilliant...no problems.

4 hours ago, stevewagster said:

Wow, a 45 grand hit, absolutely shocking, that's not bad on your Mazda  I must say, our Volvo was a loss of 10 grand over 3 years and was very happy with that.

Lee (McMaster has lost more than half over a 2-year period Porsche Taycan

he paid £120'000 

28 minutes ago, cur666 said:

It's really easy to get a valuation using their app...takes minutes...just tell the truth, and you'll get what they say...I've sold two cars to them...was brilliant...no problems.

I tried motorway.com and they were very straightforward. Had to take a lot of photos and proof of servicing but that's a reasonable thing to ask. Worth a try. I did not sell my car to them in the end but they were very polite about it.

3 hours ago, fourbanks said:

That site is very bad for quotes, so would never go down that route. Motorway .com appear to be the best 

To be honest I'm not sure which company is in supermarket car park, I was just told about it but will get a price from them anyway. Looking at this situation it seems very short sighted within the motor trade to do this as once bitten you would never buy new again and just go for a nearly new so long term, they will loose out just as much but it seems everyone is just after the quick buck!

7 minutes ago, stevewagster said:

To be honest I'm not sure which company is in supermarket car park, I was just told about it but will get a price from them anyway. Looking at this situation it seems very short sighted within the motor trade to do this as once bitten you would never buy new again and just go for a nearly new so long term, they will loose out just as much but it seems everyone is just after the quick buck!

The gap between selling and buying...seems to be wider than Big Suzy thighs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMB said:

I tried motorway.com and they were very straightforward. Had to take a lot of photos and proof of servicing but that's a reasonable thing to ask. Worth a try. I did not sell my car to them in the end but they were very polite about it.

i have just been on there and as you say, you need photo's to continue, shame you can't get a price subject to pictures.

9 minutes ago, stevewagster said:

i have just been on there and as you say, you need photo's to continue, shame you can't get a price subject to pictures.

Got it wrong, you can get a quote without pictures, The figure they suggest is £29,682, so a lot better than the dealer to say the least, I'm not sure it's enough, I think we would be happy getting the 34/5 mark, we will just have to see, that would leave a balance of !5k to change to the LBX.

It will stay this way until we, the punters, say no. If we stop accepting their crap offers and refuse the deal things would change in a heartbeat. Sadly like everything else in the UK we just roll-over and let things slide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevewagster said:

Got it wrong, you can get a quote without pictures, The figure they suggest is £29,682, so a lot better than the dealer to say the least, I'm not sure it's enough, I think we would be happy getting the 34/5 mark, we will just have to see, that would leave a balance of !5k to change to the LBX.

And if the LBX doesn't meet your aspirations then you could be down another 15k - or worse. Wouldn't that be a bummer!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

It will stay this way until we, the punters, say no. If we stop accepting their crap offers and refuse the deal things would change in a heartbeat. Sadly like everything else in the UK we just roll-over and let things slide.

That is very true

11 hours ago, stevewagster said:

Unfortunately we have to take the good with the bad, but sometimes it spoils what should be a positive experience at the expense of the witless, time to move on i think.  

Anyway, getting back to valuations and mine was for our 4 month old car was £23k, so a loss of 25 grand, It's just ridiculous, on that basis I will wait six months and buy a second hand LBX for virtually nothing! 

From whom was this valuation?

• Like 1

It could be that the dealer gives a poor trade in value because of the colour. Blazing Carnelian is not a popular colour (although I would have one that colour if the wife’s car was not Orange).

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

It could be that the dealer gives a poor trade in value because of the colour. Blazing Carnelian is not a popular colour (although I would have one that colour if the wife’s car was not Orange).

Well it is the most expensive premium colour!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stevewagster said:

I absolutely agree but you find idiots on every forum to some extent and just take their mindless comments with the distaste they deserve and move on to those who can be constructive. 

Of course your description of the people and their comments overrides your findings.  You are right and they are wrong attitude.   There are also paranoid trolls that claim being anonymous is necessary for their own safety despite the fact that they’ll come on here to make disparaging comments instead of not commenting at all.  It says a lot.  I’ve not had any problems with my terrible UX although there are things I’d improve in a hypothetical makeover.  There’s a big difference between a car being faulty and finding you don’t like it but there’s no drama in that.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, stevewagster said:

This is our 3rd Lexus and always get them serviced at the dealership, Interesting you reckon a 50% loss in 4 months, so that would equate a £24k loss, so a £6000 pound loss for each month?

Its not definite of course, it could be different situation but as soon as you drove your new car out of the dealership its value drops, its a business of course they have to get the most money from your car if they sell it again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, nivlem said:

Its not definite of course, it could be different situation but as soon as you drove your new car out of the dealership its value drops, its a business of course they have to get the most money from your car if they sell it again. 

Of course, it's just the level of depreciation that's the issue, £25k in 4 months seems extremely harsh, does it not.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stevewagster said:

Of course, it's just the level of depreciation that's the issue, £25k in 4 months seems extremely harsh, does it not.

Absolutely absurd. Save your money and enjoy the car. Warranty should fix your issues if they are faults. The dealer will make at least 10k on re-selling it to another sucker!

56 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

Absolutely absurd. Save your money and enjoy the car. Warranty should fix your issues if they are faults. The dealer will make at least 10k on re-selling it to another sucker!

I think your right, Still trying to work through the issues with the dealer but it seems I have no choice but to keep it, the loss is far too much to comfortable with it.

I know that the UX is a reasonably good car and if we can get all these faults sorted out it will be ok, It has just lost it's shine for me now and feel good factor is long gone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevewagster said:

I think your right, Still trying to work through the issues with the dealer but it seems I have no choice but to keep it, the loss is far too much to comfortable with it.

I know that the UX is a reasonably good car and if we can get all these faults sorted out it will be ok, It has just lost it's shine for me now and feel good factor is long gone.

What are the faults you mention?

Who gave you the crappy valuation?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links