Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaking brake fluid in Sc430

Buckey75

Hello,

My brake master cylinder reservoir tank on my Sc430 is leaking , does anyone know where I can get a replacement please?

Edited by Buckey75

48 minutes ago, Buckey75 said:

Hello,

My brake master cylinder reservoir tank on my Sc430 is leaking , does anyone know where I can get a replacement please?

Would that be from the plastic being split or maybe an O ring underneath ?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Buckey75 said:

It's a hairline split on the tank

What year is your SC ?

I’ll try see if the part is sold separately.

…..looked at your previous post a 2004 👍🏻

It does appear to have its own part number.

Another option is to contact Paul Frost who runs a Lexus dismantlers.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/121168-paul-frost/

shown with its own part number..

check with your local main dealer if that’s the correct number for your car .

47220-30130

IMG_6554.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update, it now appears the leak is from the o ring at the bottom of the reservoir tank.  It appears Bob King, you are correct.  My first contact with lexus regarding this, they tell me I would have to get the tank with the o ring attached.  If they are correct it's the same difference.

1 hour ago, Buckey75 said:

Update, it now appears the leak is from the o ring at the bottom of the reservoir tank.  It appears Bob King, you are correct.  My first contact with lexus regarding this, they tell me I would have to get the tank with the o ring attached.  If they are correct it's the same difference.

If it looks like a standard O ring, most car spare shops / motor factors would have a tray of different size O rings, pop into one and get them to matched it up .

If it looks like a custom seal for that reservoir only, you’ll have to buy the whole thing from Lexus .

have you got a photo of the underside of the reservoir ?

• Like 1

Thank you Bob King, I will remove the o ring and try some motor factor places to see if they have a similar one.  If not I will order the box from amazon.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links