Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Towing with an RX450h

Does anyone tow with an RX450h ? (thinking about a 2020 on model). I see the nose weight limit is 80kg, which seems a bit low. Does AVS help with this? I'd be towing a horse trailer, weight 950kg plus a 600kg horse. It's a twin axle trailer, which should help with the nose weight. I plan to measure the empty nose weight tomorrow

The nose weight is low, which isn't ideal, but as a tow car it's really decent. Pulls well, very stable.

I came from a 3 litre diesel auto BMW with air suspension which was fantastic and I was worried the soft spring suspension and lower torque of the RX would be a problem - but it isn't. The CVT gearbox works brilliantly towing.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 5:42 PM, JasonH said:

The nose weight is low, which isn't ideal, but as a tow car it's really decent. Pulls well, very stable.

I came from a 3 litre diesel auto BMW with air suspension which was fantastic and I was worried the soft spring suspension and lower torque of the RX would be a problem - but it isn't. The CVT gearbox works brilliantly towing.

Same here, my last towcar was an absolute monster, BMW X5M 2.4 tonnes, 750bhp, 900NM, self leveling rear suspension. Made micemeat of our 2 tonne twin axle.

Had serious resevations about the RX after that but have been pleasantly surprised by its towing performance. Perfectly adequate for a 1500kg single axle which we now have.

• Like 1

Hello Hugh,

I have towed several caravans with previous and current RXs ranging from 1600kg to the current twin axle @ 1900kg MTPLM. They make very good towing vehicles in my opinion. MPG is not brilliant at around an average 19 MPG but as I have also towed with a Mercedes ML350 at 22 MPG which I think it is very comparable given the comfort and reliability of the RX Vs the Merc.

Bri

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links